Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, how often and/or how many one night stands have you had? Reason I ask - it seems to me that one night stands aren't as popular as its otherwise thought. For example, I live in a house of 12 people. 6 girls and 6 boys. The majority of the boys play rugby and are pretty fit/handsome, if I do say so myself. And the girls are also very good looking. Yet, very rarely do any of us have a one night stand. Maybe 2 or 3 a month between us all.
    I personally don't actually like one night stands, although I've had 3 in my three years at uni.

Just interested to see whether other people think similarly?

ReputationRep:
    Really depends- I had more ONS/Casual encounters in my late twenties than I did as a university student! Mostly down to a change of mindset, lifestyle, job, career, confidence.

Everyone is different and everyones sex lives are different- embrace what you enjoy and just go seek it, don't compare yourself to others.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have a ONS until I'd split up with my husband. Sex felt too special before then to do it with just anybody. After I'd separated from him, I didn't give a tish, and just slept with whoever I wanted. Haven't been in the mood for messing about in the last year though as I spend a bunch of time taking care of my best friend when she was ill, then studying has taken all my non-work time since.

I can't wait for this course to be done so I have time again!

ReputationRep:
    Never had one. I couldn't get one even if I tried.
    That said, I'd much rather have sex in a relationship, so I've never really actively sought a ONS, but then THAT said, people say it just happens rather than when you actually look for one. Meh, the entire process confuses me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stk1010)
    Hey, how often and/or how many one night stands have you had? Reason I ask - it seems to me that one night stands aren't as popular as its otherwise thought. For example, I live in a house of 12 people. 6 girls and 6 boys. The majority of the boys play rugby and are pretty fit/handsome, if I do say so myself. And the girls are also very good looking. Yet, very rarely do any of us have a one night stand. Maybe 2 or 3 a month between us all.
    I personally don't actually like one night stands, although I've had 3 in my three years at uni.

Lol if you don't like them why so you care to tabulate how many are normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stk1010)

Never had one but I would love to try once

ReputationRep:
    Zero, at a rate of approximately zero/dt

Not something I expect I'd partake in anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    Really depends- I had more ONS/Casual encounters in my late twenties than I did as a university student! Mostly down to a change of mindset, lifestyle, job, career, confidence.
    Curious to know more about this. Not so much for my own gain but more to get an understanding of how this works.
    Were the women older or younger?
    How and why did you change your mindset? From and to what?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.