The Student Room Group

Which pair of shoes shall I buy?? Converse or Dr Martens?

Hi guys:smile:
My exams have been going pretty badly:s-smilie: so I really want to buy a pair of shoes to make myself feel better :tongue: sounds a bit stupid but to be honest these are desperate times aha :colondollar::tongue:

So the choice is between 2 pairs of Converse or a pair of Dr Martens 1461 black shoes (pictured below) ... I love all ahh I really can't decide!!

I've always wanted a pair of Dr Martens shoes because I think their so stylish, but then I don't own any Converse either... I love the grey suede with the rose gold eyelets a lot but also like the boldness of the mono turquoise:smile:

What do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

I d choose the converse, although doc martinis last years I found my feet always got too hot in them.
Dr martens. They can be hard to break into , but once you have i guarantee you won't want to take them off
Definitely recommend Dr Martens over Converse. I buy a new pair of Converse every spring and by October they're falling to pieces. I love how they look and fit but they really aren't built to last. That said, summer is coming up and they really are nice to wear in hot weather.
Converse. Boots in the summer is a crappy idea.
Converse definitely the other ones are ugly.
DMs will last you a loooooong time so I'd say them.
Lol the shoe in the middle is utter trash but u would look cute in them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Crocs
Reply 9
Converse.
Dms are TORTURE to break in. When I first wore mine I wasn't aware of this and they cut my feet up, after a few months tho they do get quite comfortable. But now that it's warmer I don't ever wear them because they make my feet hot.
I prefer Converse, I've had my pair for a good three years and they're still going strong (no holes and stuff) plus they kinda suit this weather and look slightly more informal to Doc Martens :smile:
DMs all the way - last longer and deffo more comfortable and soooooo cool at the moment
DMs last way longer and yeah they take a while to break in but they are worth it, I'm about to buy my fourth pair..🙈
Both the shoes would last as long as you can ever like them. So people stop talking about "Lasting long Crocs"

Posted from TSR Mobile
converse:smile:
none

get yeezys init

Reply 17
Trust mii Daddy
Go for doc martens. why stop at 10? push the boat out and get a mortgage and buy 20. srsly tho, docs, not crocs
Converse, without a doubt.
Wrong time of year for Doc Martens, get them after Summer if at all.

IMO Doc Martens are becoming a bit 'basic'.

Quick Reply

Latest