Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What was the difference between your mock and actual grades? watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    For GCSEs, I got 7As, 2Bs and 1C in my mocks . . . Then I got 7A*s, 2As and 1B in the real exams! For AS, I got BCDD, I think, then got AABB! The AS mocks were very early on, though, and we hadn't covered everything. I always do quite poorly in my mocks!

Share yours below!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    For GCSEs, I got 7As, 2Bs and 1C in my mocks . . . Then I got 7A*s, 2As and 1B in the real exams! For AS, I got BCDD, I think, then got AABB! The AS mocks were very early on, though, and we hadn't covered everything. I always do quite poorly in my mocks!

Share yours below!
    Your real GCSE grades is pretty much impossible to get in 2016 you should see what type of ridiculous questions that they give you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    Your real GCSE grades is pretty much impossible to get in 2016 you should see what type of ridiculous questions that they give you
    Then the grade boundaries will be lower! Anything is possible if you just work hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    Then the grade boundaries will be lower! Anything is possible if you just work hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So far I've done 3 papers and 2/3 of them were hard surprisingly a chemistry paper was easy

ReputationRep:
    Think I was predicted all A*s cos my teachers are generous like that

Needless to say 12 A*s was too much for me, I got 9 A* and 3 A

this is GCSEs btw...if that was a lvls tho.......

I would feel like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    What do you mean the questions aren't that hard?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnIndianGuy)
    Mocks I got 3 A*'s 6 A's + 2 A*'s I actually achieved in Year 10
    Predicted : 9 A*'s 2 A's - the A's were for English Lang & Lit
    Actual : 11 A*'s

For AS levels:

Mocks : 3 A's and 1 B (in Chemistry because my teacher can't mark - it went up from a scraped C to a borderline A) -.- : average percentage across my mocks was 87%
    Mocks just now: 4 A's
    Predicted: 4 A's
    What I think I will get: 2 A's and 2 B's
    Geez you got llA*s How did you get that? Could you tell me what you did yo get them, was it alot off revison everyday?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    What do you mean the questions aren't that hard?
    That's probably because your doing different exam boards and not all people interpret the question the same way

ReputationRep:
    I got **** grades at my GCSE mocks because I didn't revise. I got plenty of As and A*s in the real thing with only a B in physics and English.

ReputationRep:
    For GCSEs, think it was something like 5A*s a few As and a B. Got 7A*s and 2As. For A level it was four As in mocks at AS which I got, 3A*s and an A for A2 mocks and 4A*s in the end. I tended to revise a couple days or so for mocks

ReputationRep:
    GCSE year I was predicted 5As and 7Bs
    I got 5A*s 6As and 1B
    2 weeks before the exams I got a C in physics and brought it up to an A*

AS level year I got a U in S1 a few weeks before exams and got it up to a pretty high A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNicholas)
    GCSE year I was predicted 5As and 7Bs
    I got 5A*s 6As and 1B
    2 weeks before the exams I got a C in physics and brought it up to an A*

AS level year I got a U in S1 a few weeks before exams and got it up to a pretty high A
    How Did you get an A in S1? How do you revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mali473)
    How Did you get an A in S1? How do you revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think all I did was do all the past papers I could find. That's the best way to revise for all maths modules

ReputationRep:
    I think I was predicted all As and GCSE but got 6A* 4A* 1B. But my A level mocks were better than my actual grades so here I am resitting.

ReputationRep:
    I usually do better on my mocks than the real thing. It sucks so bad and I have no idea why? I usually think I do a lot better in my exams than mocks ? :/
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    My mocks for A-levels were fairly accurate, apart from Chemistry which was mixed - I could get an A in one mock and then a C/D in the next, and ended up with a B at the end. :borat:

ReputationRep:
    AABU in mocks, AAAA in the AS's. Gotten A/A* in all mocks in A2.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.