The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The yoyo craze was awesome.
british bulldogs was funny, until it got banned.
Reply 3
Marbles. It's an ancient game that requires skill, and little round thingys. Do you know how hard it is to find a good marble bunker creater these days??? :confused:
I remember playing for hours with "the amazing wand"

It was just a stick..
Reply 5
Conker fights without the full body protective gear.
Reply 6
Stuck in the mud, kiss chase? :redface:
British Bulldog got banned at our school after a few injuries so we renamed it shadowman (dunno why) and carried on.
Reply 8
drunk bulldog in the park is oh so incredible
My little sister (who's ten) was playing Bulldogs a few weeks ago and we ended up in A&E with half her chin falling off (seriously it was grim).

Two weeks and several stitches later, and she comes home from school telling me that they still play Bulldogs, only now they call it Kittens so that the teachers don't stop them. :laugh:

I remember Polo, Red Letter and 40/40 Home lol. Life was simpler then.
Reply 10
we had some weird games...one called 'pants' which was basically bulldog but you had to shout pants all the time...

and some game which involved running round the playgroud with a blindfold on...that always ended grimly :s-smilie:

We were allowed to bring footballs onto the playground...but were'nt allowed to kick them. So everyone used to have to play handball instead.

I used to love polo or whatever its called...and we playing something called 'Orange Balls' which was kinda weird. I miss primary school :frown:
Reply 11
we had british bulldog until banned

hott chocolate and 'whats the time mr wolf?' which i think werethe same? but not sure

hide and seek, tag, and i dont know what else?

..oh the fun days :biggrin:
Run outs was awesome. We didn't really get to play much though.
Reply 13
'Queenio' was a boss game (whos got the ball? I dont have the ball. Its not in my pocket, its not in my pocket, whos got the ball?) ROFFLE.

Kiss chase was great, although the lads would run SO FAST you would never be able to catch them :ninja:
Reply 14
Tig, hide and seek and pokemon.
Reply 15
I miss British Bulldog and Stuck in the Mud. And we had this game called "Hot Rice" (??) where you just used to pelt footballs at each other, and if you got hit you were out...Happy days...
Reply 16
patball was the best.
Reply 17
I loved hide and seek best but I did like the short-lived marbles renaissance. :biggrin:
run outs class, and good old football
At Junior school - Bulldog, truth or dare, conkers, wallball, a handstand game (a caller at the front calling out different types of handstand which everyone else had to do, and whoever held it the longest won..I remember winning once with a time of 30 secs lol), and handclapping with lots of different rhymes. Football too obviously!
At Infants school - Duck duck goose, what's the time Mr Wolf, Grandmother's footsteps, those spaceship type thingies which you put your feet on and tried to bounce around on, french skipping, tennis balls on string which you attached to a foot and twireled round, jumping over it...

Latest