Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

recurring nightmare! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    every night without fail for the past 3 or 4 nights i have had horrible nightmares......each dream is different but then ends in the same scary way.....the repeated part is that i am in my house and a huge bright tiger is prowling around outside and im so frightened but everyone else isnt bothered. but the wierd thing is that each time the tiger apears it has slowly each night got closer to to house and closer to getting in.

what does this mean?? the first night it was just roaming on the road, then it got to my gate, then my driveway, then the front of the house, and then last night it was on the roof!!! it may not seem that scary but this always happens right afetr another random nightmare?! ive alsways had vivid dreams but never anything like this!

anyone experienced anything similar or anyone can explain my strange dreams??!! please??!! :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Reminds me of a ghost story...tonight it will be in your bedroom and you'll never wake up
    Are you anxious about something? Exam results getting closer perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Reminds me of a ghost story...tonight it will be in your bedroom and you'll never wake up
    Are you anxious about something? Exam results getting closer perhaps?

argh dont say that!? :eek: :eek: actually is a scary thought! yeh am worried about exam results but it cant be that cos im kinda chilled out about it at the moment cos ther is so long til results!

what ghost story it remind u of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean4ian)
    argh dont say that!? :eek: :eek: actually is a scary thought! yeh am worried about exam results but it cant be that cos im kinda chilled out about it at the moment cos ther is so long til results!

what ghost story it remind u of?
    Maybe you need a distraction - then your subconscious worries won't be so dominant in your dreams.
    The ghost story - lol, it was about this girl who stole some meat from a graveyard to take home because she had spent all her mum's money on sweets, and the ghost came back night after night to haunt her in her dreams - "I'm on the stairs, I'm coming closer, I'm gonna get ya..." then it was the landing, then the bedroom, then "I'm leaning over your bed, I've got a knife, I'm gonna get ya" and the next morning the mother went into the girl's bedroom and found a mess.
    It sounds better when I say it out loud I was only 9 when I had it and had nightmares after that

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you need a distraction - then your subconscious worries won't be so dominant in your dreams.
    The ghost story - lol, it was about this girl who stole some meat from a graveyard to take home because she had spent all her mum's money on sweets, and the ghost came back night after night to haunt her in her dreams - "I'm on the stairs, I'm coming closer, I'm gonna get ya..." then it was the landing, then the bedroom, then "I'm leaning over your bed, I've got a knife, I'm gonna get ya" and the next morning the mother went into the girl's bedroom and found a mess.
    It sounds better when I say it out loud I was only 9 when I had it and had nightmares after that
    i think you need a distraction. i read that scary dreams, or nightmares as they are called only happen when there is something on your mind. it could be something major or a really minor thing, but the point is that there is something bothering you. results could be one thing. the fact that they re-occur may suggest that whatever it is bothers you a lot to the extent that you scare yourself on 3 consecutuive nights. i think you should really try to relax and figure out what it is that's on your mind.
    it's never really happened to me, but feel free to chat i you are still worried.

neha
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Try dreaming of a big scary badger coming along and eating the tiger. Maybe that will help.

MB

ReputationRep:
    eat some cheese before bed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    eat some cheese before bed
    that will make him have the nightmare!

tonight when you have the dream, try and confront the tiger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    that will make him have the nightmare!

tonight when you have the dream, try and confront the tiger
    precisely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    precisely!
    why do you want him to have the dream lol?

ReputationRep:
    what does this mean??
    it means you're dreaming about a tiger. And probably the only reason you still are is because you've started expecting it to happen, and you've started thinking about it enough for it to do so. I mean, you made a thread about it .

heh, you could try telling yourself (repeatedly) that next time you dream about this tiger you will know that you are dreaming, and possibly do what they call a reality check (eg, cover your nose and try to breathe through it, this almost always works in a dream even though it's covered, you just have to expect it to). Then once that happens you can befriend the tiger (apparrently that's the best way to go about these things).

ReputationRep:
    I thought I dreamt about a tiger once. Then I realised it was a frosties advert.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I thought I dreamt about a tiger once. Then I realised it was a frosties advert.

MB
    lol you do love your food!
    frosties are grrrrrrrrr-eat, i used to love that eye of the tiger advert

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    lol you do love your food!
    frosties are grrrrrrrrr-eat, i used to love that eye of the tiger advert
    Indeed, that's why I'm a fat *******.

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    why do you want him to have the dream lol?
    i dunno!

i havent been having any good dreams recently. im gonna eat a bit of cheese to get the senses going a bit kerazee! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    every night without fail for the past 3 or 4 nights i have had horrible nightmares......each dream is different but then ends in the same scary way.....the repeated part is that i am in my house and a huge bright tiger is prowling around outside and im so frightened but everyone else isnt bothered. but the wierd thing is that each time the tiger apears it has slowly each night got closer to to house and closer to getting in.

what does this mean?? the first night it was just roaming on the road, then it got to my gate, then my driveway, then the front of the house, and then last night it was on the roof!!! it may not seem that scary but this always happens right afetr another random nightmare?! ive alsways had vivid dreams but never anything like this!

anyone experienced anything similar or anyone can explain my strange dreams??!! please??!! :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused:
    Its coming to eat you.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard that one except the girl broke a doll and the doll came to kill her

ReputationRep:

Take it on head on! Bite your pen-knife between yer teeth, tie a scarf around your head (rambo-style), put on your combat pants and a leather jacket. Dive out of the window to land on the wee cat's back and wrestly it to the ground, locking its hind legs with yours and wrenching its neck towards the sky. Proceed to tear it a new smile with yer pen knife, then skin it and use it to make a nice rug in front of your fire place. The nightmare won't recurr again.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.