when the results is out..

Watch
This discussion is closed.
cis
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Actually, wt should be done when it is published on 19/8 that both offers can't be met
then wt should be done?ring up the uni to plead or simply wait for clearing?...btw,
how "near" a near miss allow?and is that a popular case for course like biochem??

anxious...
Random.Girl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ring the university up regardless of what you get cause you need to know if you've definitely not been accepted, if your firm won't have you then ring your insurance up. If they won't have you then start looking at clearing places as soon as possible. Hopefully you won't have to though good luck!
Fly By
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cis)
Actually, wt should be done when it is published on 19/8 that both offers can't be met
then wt should be done?ring up the uni to plead or simply wait for clearing?...btw,
how "near" a near miss allow?and is that a popular case for course like biochem??

anxious...
you should ring them up and ask, if you do that they will sometimes have sympathy (pity) on you and give you and alternative offer. thats what happened to me. although i'm not sure abouy your course..

also, always get ready for clearing just incase....
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wait for clearing. If you can't wait, call the uni's.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by trev1122)
Wait for clearing. If you can't wait, call the uni's.
But call up your 1st and 2nd choices 1st to see if they have accepted you regardless.
cis
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
thanks for u guyz reply... actually i m an int'l student so i 'd rather figure out how i should call in my way...-_______-"""call up the registry or the admission tutor??
Random.Girl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I would say the admissions tutor. The academic registry has thousands and thousands of students to deal with and the admissions tutor will be the one who knows best regarding your course.
young_free
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I've read loads of sites talking about clearing just in case, one of them said something kind of confusing- do you have to get your referee to sign something before you can go into clearing?!
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
After you get your results, you should go to the UCAS clearing link where you could see all the courses and uni's that still have places left.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (99)
54.1%
Yes, but I want to swap them (14)
7.65%
No, but I know who I want to choose (18)
9.84%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (45)
24.59%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (7)
3.83%

Watched Threads