Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

when the results is out.. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Actually, wt should be done when it is published on 19/8 that both offers can't be met
    then wt should be done?ring up the uni to plead or simply wait for clearing?...btw,
    how "near" a near miss allow?and is that a popular case for course like biochem??

anxious...

ReputationRep:
    Ring the university up regardless of what you get cause you need to know if you've definitely not been accepted, if your firm won't have you then ring your insurance up. If they won't have you then start looking at clearing places as soon as possible. Hopefully you won't have to though good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cis)
    Actually, wt should be done when it is published on 19/8 that both offers can't be met
    then wt should be done?ring up the uni to plead or simply wait for clearing?...btw,
    how "near" a near miss allow?and is that a popular case for course like biochem??

anxious...
    you should ring them up and ask, if you do that they will sometimes have sympathy (pity) on you and give you and alternative offer. thats what happened to me. although i'm not sure abouy your course..

also, always get ready for clearing just incase....

ReputationRep:
    Wait for clearing. If you can't wait, call the uni's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev1122)
    Wait for clearing. If you can't wait, call the uni's.
    But call up your 1st and 2nd choices 1st to see if they have accepted you regardless.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for u guyz reply... actually i m an int'l student so i 'd rather figure out how i should call in my way...-_______-"""call up the registry or the admission tutor??

ReputationRep:
    I would say the admissions tutor. The academic registry has thousands and thousands of students to deal with and the admissions tutor will be the one who knows best regarding your course.

ReputationRep:
    I've read loads of sites talking about clearing just in case, one of them said something kind of confusing- do you have to get your referee to sign something before you can go into clearing?!

ReputationRep:
    After you get your results, you should go to the UCAS clearing link where you could see all the courses and uni's that still have places left.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.