Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

The title basically says it all, my ex has chosen to want to talk to her ex boyfriend knowing fully aware that I'm not comfortable with it

She used to tell me she hates all her ex's, and now recently she told me how nice of a person this one ex is and how she wants to be friends with him

I tried to play it off like I'm cool with it after we talked about it because I don't want her to feel controlled, but seriously it's so annoying, I feel like I'm going to blow up like I'm having to put up with being unhappy just so she can get what she wants because if I said I'm not happy id get called controlling

But then she gets sad and seems shocked when I say I don't believe her when she tells me "she would do anything for me" and that "I'm the most important thing in her life"

She has told me she loves me and I love her too, that's the whole reason I'm putting up with this, I just feel trapped like if I leave I'll miss her but I feel like I can't talk to her cus it'll just end in an argument and bad terms and I'll get called controlling and obsessive etc

Please help

ReputationRep:
    what a ********, body her and dump her in a river.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beepeear)
    Hey everyone,

The title basically says it all, my ex has chosen to want to talk to her ex boyfriend knowing fully aware that I'm not comfortable with it

She used to tell me she hates all her ex's, and now recently she told me how nice of a person this one ex is and how she wants to be friends with him

I tried to play it off like I'm cool with it after we talked about it because I don't want her to feel controlled, but seriously it's so annoying, I feel like I'm going to blow up like I'm having to put up with being unhappy just so she can get what she wants because if I said I'm not happy id get called controlling

But then she gets sad and seems shocked when I say I don't believe her when she tells me "she would do anything for me" and that "I'm the most important thing in her life"

She has told me she loves me and I love her too, that's the whole reason I'm putting up with this, I just feel trapped like if I leave I'll miss her but I feel like I can't talk to her cus it'll just end in an argument and bad terms and I'll get called controlling and obsessive etc

Please help
    Perhaps it's time to think about how much this girl really means to you?

What exactly is it about being friends with her ex that bothers you? Perhaps spend some time alone exploring this and questioning whether you really love and trust her?

Being friends with an ex is a sign of being emotionally stable and self aware, one of my best friends is an ex-boyfriend of 4 years who I lived with! Often you realise the only good bit about a relationship was the friendship and you want to keep that- don't push her away and set barriers over her if you value this girl. All you will do is drive her away.

ReputationRep:
    Let her call you controlling. If she wants to talk to her ex without showing you what she's saying to him (or) what they're talking about, dump her. She's bad luck.

ReputationRep:
    Either you trust her or you end it.

ReputationRep:
    It's reasonable for her to talk to her ex, chill out about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beepeear)
    Hey everyone,

Please help
    In my opinion she is a lost cause/Move on

ReputationRep:
    So why not just tell her that she has to keep in informed about what she is talking about with him and what she is doing with him?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.