The Student Room Group

Edexcel history-A2, Unit 3C-The United States: Challenged and Transformed 2016

Is anybody else doing this exam? If so what are you hoping comes up?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
hey i'm doing this too! i thought my school was the only one in the country! no idea, i think the 30 marker for causes will be something about an event like the Missouri compromise q a few years ago....i don't think there will be an individual question either given that there was a 30 marker about Grant last year. plus this is the last year that edexcel is offering this module so hopefully no curveballs!
Reply 3
Original post by aash-na
hey i'm doing this too! i thought my school was the only one in the country! no idea, i think the 30 marker for causes will be something about an event like the Missouri compromise q a few years ago....i don't think there will be an individual question either given that there was a 30 marker about Grant last year. plus this is the last year that edexcel is offering this module so hopefully no curveballs!

I hope its on something on events from the Missouri Compromise to 1857 or something around that time frame, or something on Andrew Jackson democratising US politics, or successes/failures of reconstruction. That Grant question last year looked awful. I don't think economies will come up again.
im doing the Boom,Bust Recovery Option is anyone doing this??
Reply 5
Original post by Bubbles26

hey, i am! what do you think may come up?
Reply 6
Civil War section I'm thinking Missouri Compromise/ Jacksonian Democracy or some political evolution theme.
Hoping for a standard reconstruction question on the lives of freed slaves improving. They could be horrible and do what they did on one of the 2012 papers and ask about the causes of tension from 1820-57 and Jacksonian Democracy with no mention of Reconstruction at all...

So far edexcel have followed a pattern where they'll ask politics related questions for two years and then one economic one. Economies came up in June 2015 so I doubt it'll come up again, though it is friendlier.
(edited 7 years ago)
Is there always a question in the first section in an early and later period? That seems to be the pattern..
Reply 8
Is there always a question in the first section in an early and later period? That seems to be the pattern..

Thats what i realised as well, what will you focus on?
I might just focus on the later period but the topic about roosevelts opponents i hate so much but i dont know if that is included in the early or later period.???
Either way im jus gonna revise one so ill leave the other stuff
What are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I'm surprised they haven't asked a question on why Republican Reconstruction came to an end, I think if reconstruction comes up thats quite a likely question
Reply 11

To what extent was the First World War the key factor in the US decision to restrictimmigration in the years 1917–29?

has anyone got any guidance for this question? like the factors to include and detail on those factors?? do you talk about the red scare, KKK etc? any help will be appreciated

I'm doing this exam tomorrow! (yes I know I'm really late on the bandwagon here)

For the part A I'm thinking it will be political/social/economic impact of WW1 for q3 and opposition to Roosevelt for q4, then for part B I think it will either be the banking system or structural weaknesses for q5, and I have no idea for q6!

That being said, I still know none of it so will need some kind of miracle tomorrow!

Good luck guys!x
Did anyone do the left wing critics question? I used the 1st and 2 new deals, anyone else????
Reply 14
did anybody do the 1820-1877 part? If so how did you find it
Original post by rohan96
did anybody do the 1820-1877 part? If so how did you find it

I found it to be pretty good, I answered the Missouri 30 marker and controversy one, I feel like the 40 went better than the 30 but I don't think I've done enough to get an A which is what I need for uni cries, you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by MobiDo
Civil War section I'm thinking Missouri Compromise/ Jacksonian Democracy or some political evolution theme.
Hoping for a standard reconstruction question on the lives of freed slaves improving. They could be horrible and do what they did on one of the 2012 papers and ask about the causes of tension from 1820-57 and Jacksonian Democracy with no mention of Reconstruction at all...

So far edexcel have followed a pattern where they'll ask politics related questions for two years and then one economic one. Economies came up in June 2015 so I doubt it'll come up again, though it is friendlier.

turns out you were right!! how did you find it
Original post by adegunt
Did anyone do the left wing critics question? I used the 1st and 2 new deals, anyone else????

Yeah I did the same question, was it based on just the left wing or could you use right wing critics and the supreme court?
Original post by adz_knott
Yeah I did the same question, was it based on just the left wing or could you use right wing critics and the supreme court?

I did a whole paragraph about the Supreme Court saying it was the most important reason? And I did one about the right too but I'm not sure now
Reply 19
Original post by aash-na
turns out you were right!! how did you find it

I didn't like the Jackson question aha so answered the one on the Missouri Compromise. The section B I did why the south lost, which was ok, couple of hard points in the sources, and gutted military leadership didn't come up. But overall it was decent.

How did you find it?

Quick Reply