Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So early I was walking and I met a girl I knew while walking to the bus. One thing led to another and although I didn't want to kiss her, we ended up kissing. I really regret it, because I don't like her really and I'm scared people will find out. What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    How does this even happen to people?

And here I am, almost 19 and kiss less...

ReputationRep:
    You explain it to her like a reasonable human being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So early I was walking and I met a girl I knew while walking to the bus. One thing led to another and although I didn't want to kiss her, we ended up kissing. I really regret it, because I don't like her really and I'm scared people will find out. What do I do?
    Unbelievable!
    Which bus-stop was this?

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha on the bus? Hahahahaha

Please give us some more context here

Noooo hahaha. I was walking to the bus stop and I had time to spare. Then I met her and things went west, I wasn't planning on it at all and I don't even like her.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Not much you can do just let her down gently if it comes up again - she obviously likes you if it happened just like that. And then it's up to her to keep quiet about it or not.

ReputationRep:
    Noooo hahaha. I was walking to the bus stop and I had time to spare. Then I met her and things went west, I wasn't planning on it at all and I don't even like her.
    So here are some questions

1) How do you know her? (school? family friend?)
    2) Why don't you want people to find out?
    3) Is there any history here that would make it not as odd, or is it really just meeting on the way to catch a bus and taking a detour through a park to make out?

ReputationRep:
    hahah it's very complex
    to be honest, is soo funny :nutcase:

(Original post by Empyreal)
    So here are some questions

1) How do you know her? (school? family friend?)
    2) Why don't you want people to find out?
    3) Is there any history here that would make it not as odd, or is it really just meeting on the way to catch a bus and taking a detour through a park to make out?
    1) School
    2) She's not exactly someone who I want to be known to be getting in with. I really don't want people knowing but it'll give the wrong impressions when I don't want to go any further than this. I didn't even want it.
    3) No there is no history. I met her before and we walked but I never expected it to happen. Completely regret it.

ReputationRep:
    1) School
    2) She's not exactly someone who I want to be known to be getting in with. I really don't want people knowing but it'll give the wrong impressions when I don't want to go any further than this. I didn't even want it.
    3) No there is no history. I met her before and we walked but I never expected it to happen. Completely regret it.
    Well, in my personal experience, if you go to the same school (or brother/sister schools) then it'll inevitably leak out.

The way you can contain this best is by telling your close friends first, but playing it off jokingly (if possible), so at least you can personally control the damage. Your other option would be to wait and hope that she doesn't say anything, although that's a potentially risky one

I don't know what this girl is like but I'd be careful; if you just straight up say 'I'm sorry it was a mistake I didn't mean for it to happen' it's possible she'll get on the defensive and tell people just to prove a point. I would try and just say something gently. Again, this depends totally on your specific situation.
    Does this girl like you?

ReputationRep:
    And, not to be nosy, but for my own personal interest I really request more details; from what I'm getting you happen to be walking with this chick you don't like and then... you start kissing?

It's honestly an absurd situation, but it's really funny.

ReputationRep:
    Same thing happened to me once, my friends teased me for a couple of weeks and everyone forgot, you'll be fine OP

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're a 13y/o, no one is going to find out about the kiss.
    Just don't bring it up again, ignore it ever happened.

ReputationRep:
    It's only a kiss

ReputationRep:
    happens to me all the time. get these strangers who come up to me and do it for no reason

ReputationRep:
    You don't say what it is about this girl that makes you not want to really be associated w/ her much less having it known that you kissed her. If she is the shy girl, quiet girl that this would not normally happen to please be careful with her feelings. Anyway, personally, I think you should just carry on like normal and like it never happened. If she brings it up to you then tell her it just happened in the moment but you don't feel like things could work out....(bla,bla,bla) - be nice about it because there is no need having this turn into a drama.

Hopefully nothing will ever be said.... you simply kissed. If she is the drama queen and has started telling all her friends I'd still suggest you act like normal. If she starts making it a drama then, ultimately, no one saw you and it is your word against hers.

ReputationRep:
    It's sad that you absorb yourself into what other people would think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.