Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi is it just me or does anyone else feel like they are not wanted...im a single mum with 2 lovely kids who keep me going. I have sisters and brothers but yet they av their own lifes to get on with. Ive tried inviting myself out when they go out but av no luck. I find myself sitting in the house on my own every wkend. I work part time but av no work mates. I play for a ladies football team but feel isolated as i seem to be the odd one out they all seem to click and i tend to be on my own. Tried joining in the conversations but get ignored. Just feel like im not wanted or liked. No matter how hard i try to be part of things it doesnt happen. I dunno what ive done or what to do to make people like me and want spend time with me 😔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi is it just me or does anyone else feel like they are not wanted...im a single mum with 2 lovely kids who keep me going. I have sisters and brothers but yet they av their own lifes to get on with. Ive tried inviting myself out when they go out but av no luck. I find myself sitting in the house on my own every wkend. I work part time but av no work mates. I play for a ladies football team but feel isolated as i seem to be the odd one out they all seem to click and i tend to be on my own. Tried joining in the conversations but get ignored. Just feel like im not wanted or liked. No matter how hard i try to be part of things it doesnt happen. I dunno what ive done or what to do to make people like me and want spend time with me 😔

You need to tell your family you feel this way because their not psychic so they dont know how lonely you feel. Tell them all to always let you know when their going out so you can come too or think of places to go like fun fairs, cinema, buffet restaurants, pubs, bars, clubs etc or anything you like doing and ask them to come. Say the same to your work colleagues and ladies football team. if you dont tell them they make you feel left out it will keep happening. once youve told them all if they continue to leave you out at least you know you tried.Why not look out for people with or without kids in your area or neighbours and try to befriend them. See if theres any social groups in your area or the council send leaflets to get people together for meetings. U could try to befriend people there
    If all this doesnt work type Citysocializer on the internet. Register with them as its lots of people lonely or who want to meet new people and they just post places their going to on citysocialzer website saying anyone is welcome to come.
    I registered and got a few people inviting me to come along but i have not done so yet because i dont have much money to go out yet. Im paying off instalments on 3 guitars and a violin in cash converters in Finchley which are all £100 each so money is tight until ive finished paying then i have to pay for private drum, guitar violin and singing lessons and hoping to buy a drum kit in a few months.
    I have to do everything alone, i even had to go to cinemas alone because all my friends are totally useless and never want to go out and their not into playing music
    To put it politely thier ducking boring sods. So citysocializer is your best bet.
    If you do start gojng out more because you had a word with all the people who left you out before or meet people on citysocializer let everyone know on this forum if it all worked out.

ReputationRep:
    I feel this way. Since returning home most of my uni friends have made no effort to contact me, despite them knowing I've felt a bit down. On the flip-side I've tried contacting them myself but they don't really seem interested. It's also been hard looking at Facebook seeing all the group photos and "Uni's been amazing!" posts. I feel rather left out. Family life is meh. Same old really. They just do their own thing.

You're not alone. PM me if you want someone to talk to.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.