The Student Room Group

OCR (Non MEI) D2 Wednesday 25th May 2016

Anyone else got this exam coming up? Haven't seen a proper thread for it yet. How is everyone revising for this?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by madberry1
Anyone else got this exam coming up? Haven't seen a proper thread for it yet. How is everyone revising for this?

Yep, have done barely any work for it, just starting to do past paper ques now!!! Hope I can get a B!

Feel like I understand the concepts well enough, just practice now for two solid days
Yeah, I'm just working through all past papers since June 05, got 4 left to do for wednesday
Reply 3
Yep same here, every past paper usually follows the same format so hopefully it does this year too :smile:
Reply 4
For those who haven't done it, the June 2015 paper and answer book (I highly recommend that you practice the paper using this, it makes it significantly easier in my opinion). No mark scheme I'm afraid.
Do we ever need to actually solve linear programming problems with simplex, not sure if I need to re learn it or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
Do we ever need to actually solve linear programming problems with simplex, not sure if I need to re learn it or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

No you dont need to be able to actually do it, just be able to interpret the results from it and understand how it works
Reply 7
Does anyone know the answer to the last 2 parts of the last question on that June 15 paper? I still don't understand it :frown: need a mark scheme really
Original post by madberry1
Does anyone know the answer to the last 2 parts of the last question on that June 15 paper? I still don't understand it :frown: need a mark scheme really

One of the answers was that it's not a solution because its smaller than the other solution you got, and I think the other was that it gave a probability (maybe z) to be a negative number which it can't be- I hope this helps
Reply 9
Just to clarify - we can, with reasonable confidence, draw things in pencil right? There's nothing worse than thinking we have to use pen and then getting things like matchings incorrect.
Reply 10
Original post by bassala
Just to clarify - we can, with reasonable confidence, draw things in pencil right? There's nothing worse than thinking we have to use pen and then getting things like matchings incorrect.

'Use black ink. HB pencil may be used for graphs and diagrams only,' - As far as I can gather, this would probably apply to resource histograms, bipartite graphs, probability graphs etc (maybe flows). I am pretty confident you aren't penalised if you write in pencil, although it is recommended to write in pen for 'non-diagrams' questions. Just don't do what I do, and forget to change back to pen after you draw a graph...
does anyone think its possible that cascade charts will come up, they haven't been in the past papers for like th elast ten years but are still in the specification?
How easy does one think tomorrows exam will be? I find game theory, matching, dynamic programming alright but suck at Network flows (literally just guess sometimes). Hopefully we get a decent exam like last year!
Original post by elane407
does anyone think its possible that cascade charts will come up, they haven't been in the past papers for like th elast ten years but are still in the specification?

Unlikely, they're pretty much just resource histograms but without the workers so I reckon they'd rather tell you to do that instead of making you draw up a cascade chart.
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
How easy does one think tomorrows exam will be? I find game theory, matching, dynamic programming alright but suck at Network flows (literally just guess sometimes). Hopefully we get a decent exam like last year!

If this year's paper is as bad as m2 was I'm going to be upset because I had a migraine in last years D2 (I just reread the paper and it rang no bells) and the paper looked so nice.
How'd everyone find the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That feeling when your Hungarian algorithm doesn't work :frown:
Did anyone on here manage to augment the flow the second time?
Reply 18
Original post by marioman
Did anyone on here manage to augment the flow the second time?

I couldn't find a second augmentation, that question was horrible

I just got a flow of 7 and just said you could put 2 through SCFT as well but I don't think that's right😂
(edited 7 years ago)
But basically could've gone either bad or alright, really don'tknow as I can't tell if I got them right...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending