Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer from UWS for three B's, but it said including Maths and Chemistry. I have sat Advanced English, Higher Maths, Higher Chemistry and will be sitting Higher Physics soon. I'm worried that I've not achieved the B at chemistry, but I think I have gotten a B at advanced English, a B at maths and I'm confident I can achieve a B at Physics. The amount of UCAS points I'll get from the 3B's and a C is a lot more than the amount of UCAS points I'd get for the 3B's at the highers, due to the advanced higher. If I have just missed out on the B for Chemistry is there still a good chance that I will still be accepted? I appreciate any replies.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RyanPollock)
    I got a conditional offer from UWS for three B's, but it said including Maths and Chemistry. I have sat Advanced English, Higher Maths, Higher Chemistry and will be sitting Higher Physics soon. I'm worried that I've not achieved the B at chemistry, but I think I have gotten a B at advanced English, a B at maths and I'm confident I can achieve a B at Physics. The amount of UCAS points I'll get from the 3B's and a C is a lot more than the amount of UCAS points I'd get for the 3B's at the highers, due to the advanced higher. If I have just missed out on the B for Chemistry is there still a good chance that I will still be accepted? I appreciate any replies.
    If your offer is for 3 B grades including Maths and Chemistry, then you need to achieve 3 B grades including Maths and Chemistry (or higher). If you miss one grade but get another it doesn't necessarily make up for it, and you will still be classed as missing your offer. Unis can decide to accept students who miss their offer, but only if they have spaces.

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on the amount of offers, who met the conditions and how many spaces there are available. If you just miss the condition there is a chance that they will look again at your personal statement and give you a decision. On results day phone the uni and speak to someone there. UWS are known for still accepting those who just missed their conditions.
    You never know, you could have got the mark needed and are panicking for no reason!
    Good luck with the rest of your exams and results.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.