The Student Room Group

Funding for MA following PGDipEd

Hi,

I am looking to complete my Masters in Education having already completed a PGDipEd in Secondary English.

I have already partially complete the Masters as each module in the PGDipEd was worth 20 Masters credits. I am now being asked to pay over £2000 for 3 days of university so that I can complete a dissertation.

According to the Student Finance website you are not eligible for finance if you have already completed a post-graduate Masters or equivalent - does a PGDipEd count as an equivalent and am I therefore not eligible for finance towards completing this Masters qualification?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!
Original post by JustJen
Hi,

I am looking to complete my Masters in Education having already completed a PGDipEd in Secondary English.

I have already partially complete the Masters as each module in the PGDipEd was worth 20 Masters credits. I am now being asked to pay over £2000 for 3 days of university so that I can complete a dissertation.

According to the Student Finance website you are not eligible for finance if you have already completed a post-graduate Masters or equivalent - does a PGDipEd count as an equivalent and am I therefore not eligible for finance towards completing this Masters qualification?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

The PGDipEd wouldn't make you ineligible based on having a Masters or higher qualification.

However the PGL doesn't cover Masters "top up" courses that are just for the credits to top up to a Masters. If you were to start a new Masters from scratch the PGL would cover you but not just for the dissertation module.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending