Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i tried to apply a couple weeks ago but when i came to the step where i had to enter emergency contacts the website crashed every single time and told me that there was an unknown error with my application. i couldnt get anyone on the phone so i decided to just cancel my application, figuring i would be able to just reapply. now it's not letting me reapply for 2016/17 because "applications for next year arent open yet" (or something similar) which makes no sense. i still couldnt get anyone on the phone (i was calling both the regular and the eu number since im applying from germany). i sent a complaint and got told to download a paper application which ive been working on but it just seems like a lot more work than the online application. ive tried calling again but it only ever tells me that there is momentarily no connection and i should try at a later time, i dont even get put on a loop. where can i reach someone (dont really wanna ask publicly on fb or twitter, though ill do it if theres no other way) or is there any way to fix my application?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by elegr)
    i tried to apply a couple weeks ago but when i came to the step where i had to enter emergency contacts the website crashed every single time and told me that there was an unknown error with my application. i couldnt get anyone on the phone so i decided to just cancel my application, figuring i would be able to just reapply. now it's not letting me reapply for 2016/17 because "applications for next year arent open yet" (or something similar) which makes no sense. i still couldnt get anyone on the phone (i was calling both the regular and the eu number since im applying from germany). i sent a complaint and got told to download a paper application which ive been working on but it just seems like a lot more work than the online application. ive tried calling again but it only ever tells me that there is momentarily no connection and i should try at a later time, i dont even get put on a loop. where can i reach someone (dont really wanna ask publicly on fb or twitter, though ill do it if theres no other way) or is there any way to fix my application?
    If you're an EU student then you should have been applying using the paper EU16N form anyway (this might be why the online application was failing). Online application is only for English students (or EU students who have been resident in England long enough to be eligible for maintenance support as well as tuition loans).

The EU16N forms are very straight forward: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-f...17/new-student

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.