Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you think this paper will be the hardest of them all because its the last of its kind as the new specification is introduced next year?

ReputationRep:
    yes most this years exams are the hardest they will have been if the spec changes

ReputationRep:
    Really? Are they planning to make it more difficult?

ReputationRep:
    any ideas of what will come up?

ReputationRep:
    who know just focus on revising everything so you dont have to worry about it
    some exams so far have been the easiest exams ever and some have been difficult

ReputationRep:
    I think it will be harder, yes. However, the November 2015 paper was considerably easier than June 2015. But don't worry yourself about it, because the content which will come up in our exam this year will be no different to what it has in previous years, they can only test you on so much, and what they include in the paper you will have covered; they can't include questions which have not been included in the specification.

I'm taking the non-calculator paper on Thursday, and I must admit I am nervous about the exam! Just remember as well: if a lot of people struggled on the paper - they grade boundaries WILL FALL!

ReputationRep:
    yes unfortunately they are. go to onmaths and mathsgenie for predicted papers

ReputationRep:
    how accurate are the maths genie papers? i did the june 2016 one, do you think they'll be similar?

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel seem to have some sort of obsession with upsetting people at the moment. The C1 (AS maths) paper on Wednesday was supposedly a nightmare, and who can forget Hannah and her sweets? (Although that question was really not as hard as people made it out to be!) There'll probably be a hard question or two, but remember, it'll be hard for everyone so grade boundaries will fall. Maybe a hard question will make up for the ludicrous amount of time they give to do the paper...
    Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Ive gone through the predicted papers on maths genie and they are just the same as last years paper just a bit different. Im worried but i feel confident at the same time. We just can let the nerves get to us or it will effect our performance on the day. I have it on Thursday Edexcel. good luck

ReputationRep:
    Me too Thursday is Edexcel and tomorrow for me is AQA Use of Maths. Im really worried about Thursday's exam but hopefully all will go well. The Use of Maths shape and space exam i had on friday and i ended up crying because it was nothing like the past papers. It was absolutely difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)
    Edexcel seem to have some sort of obsession with upsetting people at the moment. The C1 paper on Wednesday was supposedly a nightmare, and who can forget Hannah and her sweets? (Although that question was really not as hard as people made it out to be!) There'll probably be a hard question or two, but remember, it'll be hard for everyone so grade boundaries will fall. Maybe a hard question will make up for the ludicrous amount of time they give to do the paper...
    Good luck everyone!
    I've had two Edexcel papers last week (RE) and they were alright (even though they spelt judgement wrong in the paper lol) but I have them for Maths an English which is tomorrow so hopefully they don't **** us over.

AQA have been much worse with the French Listening being super difficult, and don't even start on Biology Unit 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by romansholiday)
    I've had two Edexcel papers last week (RE) and they were alright (even though they spelt judgement wrong in the paper lol) but I have them for Maths an English which is tomorrow so hopefully they don't **** us over.

AQA have been much worse with the French Listening being super difficult, and don't even start on Biology Unit 1
    I heard about AQA going mad! Selfies and e-cigarettes?! And no biology in the B1 exam?

Just to clarify, when I said Edexcel seemed to be obsessed with upsetting people, I meant only in maths, C1 meaning the Core 1 AS paper. I'm sure English, etc, will be fine.

Good luck guys, sat this exam last year where Hannah's sweet was disliked by many people. Don't be shocked if it reappears again this year!
    Exams are eventually getting harder. I don't want to frighten you lot, but be prepared and always look for the hardest questions per topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oni176)
    Good luck guys, sat this exam last year where Hannah's sweet was disliked by many people. Don't be shocked if it reappears again this year!
    Exams are eventually getting harder. I don't want to frighten you lot, but be prepared and always look for the hardest questions per topic.
    Hannah's Sweets was only hard if you can't confidently manipulate quadratics. A paper like june 2015 would be a blessing, the grade boundaries dropped so damn much - so prepare for another question like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11ahf)
    I heard about AQA going mad! Selfies and e-cigarettes?! And no biology in the B1 exam?

Just to clarify, when I said Edexcel seemed to be obsessed with upsetting people, I meant only in maths, C1 meaning the Core 1 AS paper. I'm sure English, etc, will be fine.
    When I saw the selfie question I nearly screamed. What are they on? And I honestly think I've failed Biology

ReputationRep:
    they may make it hard, but last year they did get loads of bad publicity which i doubt they want to repeat again...

(Original post by CloakedSpartan)
    Hannah's Sweets was only hard if you can't confidently manipulate quadratics. A paper like june 2015 would be a blessing, the grade boundaries dropped so damn much - so prepare for another question like that!
    Grade boundaries dropped because students were not prepared to answer those sort of questions. If you are currently in Year 11 then your teachers may have prepared you for the upcoming exams by asking you guys harder questions to avoid shock and disappointment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.