Train ticket query Watch

Legal_eagle2012
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,

I'm due to travel from St Albans City to Gatwick Airport for a flight in a few weeks. I'll then be doing the return journey two weeks later (both journeys on Saturdays). I know which train I want to get on the outbound journey, but obviously I don't know exactly how long it'll take me to get through passport control, collect my luggage on the way back so I don't want to tie myself down to a specific train.

I've had a look on National Rail, and can get an off peak return for £21.05 with my railcard based on my dates and best guesses as to train times.

Am I right in thinking that this ticket will be valid on any train that day (on both outward and return), as they're both Saturdays and so any train will be off peak?

Any help/reassurance would be appreciated!
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Legal_eagle2012)
Hi there,

I'm due to travel from St Albans City to Gatwick Airport for a flight in a few weeks. I'll then be doing the return journey two weeks later (both journeys on Saturdays). I know which train I want to get on the outbound journey, but obviously I don't know exactly how long it'll take me to get through passport control, collect my luggage on the way back so I don't want to tie myself down to a specific train.

I've had a look on National Rail, and can get an off peak return for £21.05 with my railcard based on my dates and best guesses as to train times.

Am I right in thinking that this ticket will be valid on any train that day (on both outward and return), as they're both Saturdays and so any train will be off peak?

Any help/reassurance would be appreciated!
Yes your correct- weekends are always off peak.
Legal_eagle2012
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
Yes your correct- weekends are always off peak.
Thanks for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (142)
45.81%
Pro-humanity (168)
54.19%

Watched Threads