Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Leaver's balls - post your stories here! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    had a wicked leavers ball - feel free to post up any stories from those final nights!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noggin)
    had a wicked leavers ball - feel free to post up any stories from those final nights!
    ours was great- good food, good drink, good dancing...can't go wrong really! some amusing prizes and a short and sweet speech. all the ingredients for a perfect ball!

ReputationRep:
    invited ex bf to go as mates. he touched up my best mate. yay

ReputationRep:
    My balls are fine thanks! :rolleyes:

My prom was great as well, no food but plenty of drink, they ran out of smirnoff ice!, good music, two live acts, one jazz band one singer and sum dj who was ok then a trip to a cheesy club, it was great

ReputationRep:
    Mine was really cool. There was a hypnotist there and the results were hilarious

ReputationRep:
    Ours was great! A relief after the 3 hour long graduation ceremony- all the girls had really pretty dresses, the food was excellent... good supply of drinks and entertainment, short speeches and then on to clubs for another 12 hours!

ReputationRep:
    ours was rubbish. i spent ages preparing, and hardly anyone (except my group of friends) had made any effort. the place was tiny and the food was crap. the music was cheesy, and the drinks were expensive. i paid £6.50 for a malibu and coke.

but my mates were there and we got loads of photos. it was nice to see the ppl,but the ball was crappy.

ReputationRep:
    Great - I got nicely pissed and my drinking was subsidised by my maths teacher, my Wagner-loving head of sixth and the barman giving me change for a twenty when I only gave him a ten. Our party was on a boat on the thames which was cool.

MB

ReputationRep:
    Mine was good, even if we had to have our parents there. They left us to ourselves and I had a great time dancing with loads of people. The only slightly sad moment was when the slow dance came on at the end (something by Robbie Williams; can't remember what) and everyone paired off. I was left on my own and had to make the long long walk to the side of the hall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    Our party was on a boat on the thames which was cool.

MB
    Tell me more about that. ive got mine in coupla weeks on the thames what happened on yours?

ReputationRep:
    im nt goign 2 my ball

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    when the slow dance came on at the end (something by Robbie Williams; can't remember what) and everyone paired off. I was left on my own and had to make the long long walk to the side of the hall.
    The way you phrased that made it appear that you'd be saying the exact same thing to a therapist in a few years time

ReputationRep:
    ours was great, food werent all that good, but great hotel...all the girls looked HOT! and not a bad dj but he had to stop at 1am didnt he grrrr but overall a great night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    The way you phrased that made it appear that you'd be saying the exact same thing to a therapist in a few years time
    Lol, I sincerely hope not! It was sad at the time though; summed up 7 years there in terms of my social position

They played a happy song after that though, and one of the teachers made me come back and join in

ReputationRep:
    Hehee - had a great night! Danced with quite a lot of girls. Asked the girl I found pretty hot to dance - rejected (well after 1 dance). Found another girl who was similarly hot and uber cute - danced and exchanged numbers
    Overall great night

didn't go...... sixth form was far far far too small to have a leavers ball!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Lol, I sincerely hope not! It was sad at the time though; summed up 7 years there in terms of my social position

They played a happy song after that though, and one of the teachers made me come back and join in
    Go back to a school reunion when you're a successful doctor, they do say revenge is a dish best served cold.

ReputationRep:
    the french waiters were ass holes but the food was gud my hair was gud lol and my dress was gud!!!! alcohol was v pricy though!

ReputationRep:
    we don't have one, we do have a party coming up soon tho. maybe thats supposed to be the same thing. I'm gonna go, it's on the 14th. hopefully, it'll be a good night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaZZZ)
    didn't go...... sixth form was far far far too small to have a leavers ball!
    how small are we talking? i had 16 people in my year (upper sixth) and we still had a ball - over 100 people came

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.