Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any supporters? And why?

ReputationRep:
    Nigel

ReputationRep:
    yeah..

ReputationRep:
    A lot more than the government would have you know.

ReputationRep:
    There is too much of a negative stigma attached to those who want to leave the EU for them to probably say if they want to leave or not. It seems to be the main thing if you say you want to leave you are labelled as far-right, racist, xenophobic, sexist, or being an idiot among other things for thinking the UK is better outside the EU.

From my view I'd rather be out and have the UK free to write-up our own trade deals with other countries without having to be told what to do by EU officials. I don't see why they would refuse to trade with the UK like so many people seem to think they will do if we leave, business is business and is separate from politics. Additionally, you can't say that the EU will place huge tariffs on our goods as it is illegal for them to do so under WTO law. Now I know I don't know all the facts but the sheer negativity and bullying from those European, American and Asian politicians who are saying the UK will crash and burn outside the EU has made me lean more towards leaving. But, hey, maybe some new information will come up which makes me think otherwise.:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Kinda.

ReputationRep:
    It depends now. Who will win...Clinton or Trump? If Clinton will, don't leave. If Trump will, just leave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For me, I think the world, or Britain atleast, would be a far more democratic place if we left the EU. I see this as our generations battle for democracy in a war that has been going on for centuries. We've had WW1, WW2, etc, and Brexit is our fight for freedom, it's just being fought a different way due to the new way our democracy has been threatened. I see this as our way of taking back control. We should make our own decisions, we're capable of making our own decisions so why should we have ANYTHING interfering with OUR democracy? That's the way I see it anyway, each country is different and we shouldn't be a part of some cartel that tries to run us as well as 27 other nations when there simply isn't a one-size-fits-all system.

Plus, there's the economic reason. I think the EU is falling and this is inevitable. I want Britain to get out and save ourselves from the collapse of the EU, which I suspect would cause major turmoil in all the member states. I see it as a far greater risk to stay in then get out. No matter what happens, Euroscepticism won't go away. If Brexit fails, then Grexit or Frexit or Italexit or Austrexit or any of the other 28 EU countries could leave due to the growing anti-EU sentiment that is massive and rapidly expanding, causing the EU to crumble and struggle to stay together. If Britain leaves first then we're being a pioneer and are releasing ourselves from being as connected to the chaos that may ensue the rest of Europe. I see Brexit as a lifeboat leaving the massive European Union cruiser that's about to go over a waterfall.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.