Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,
    I want to do crash higher business management next year. I cannot do it in 6th year as I am applying to English universities. I was considering self teaching it but decided I would rather do it at school and self teach another higher instead (I plan on doing 7 in total).
    No one else would be doing it as a crash higher as my school only allow crash highers in sixth year but they would have no choice to allow me to do it as I am applying to English universities.
    After reading through old threads I have noticed that it has been mentioned various times that higher business requires hardly any knowledge from N5 and that it is quite an easy A as the subject really only requires an excellent memory. Also it is a subject which seems to commonly be done as a crash higher.
    I've done Admin and got the prize for that.

If anyone has done crash higher business management before can you tell me how you found it? I'm asking because my father does not want me to do this if I am the only person in the class who has not done N5.

ReputationRep:
    The school will let you take Higher Business Management as a crash higher as you are clearly a well able and intelligent person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caecillius_99)
    The school will let you take Higher Business Management as a crash higher as you are clearly a well able and intelligent person
    Thank you very much hopefully they will. Have you done higher business management?

ReputationRep:
    I'm crashing higher business this year and I'm predicted an A.

My teacher has been slightly useless and has barely taught us, leaving me to teach myself the whole course pretty much. The subject isn't particularly difficult you just have to remember a lot, however you can sort of make stuff up on the spot if you're ever stuck.

My notes weren't great either and so I've got through the course using the How to Pass book which is actually really good and has lots of questions.

I didn't join the class until later as I swapped from advanced higher history which meant that I had missed out on a months worth of work, but the work was fine and I caught up. Just make sure you do lots of past papers and do well on the assignment and it will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleymacleod)
    I'm crashing higher business this year and I'm predicted an A.

My teacher has been slightly useless and has barely taught us, leaving me to teach myself the whole course pretty much. The subject isn't particularly difficult you just have to remember a lot, however you can sort of make stuff up on the spot if you're ever stuck.

My notes weren't great either and so I've got through the course using the How to Pass book which is actually really good and has lots of questions.

I didn't join the class until later as I swapped from advanced higher history which meant that I had missed out on a months worth of work, but the work was fine and I caught up. Just make sure you do lots of past papers and do well on the assignment and it will be fine.
    Thanks that's really helpful and inspiring Is the assignment easy? It's 30% of the overall grade I think isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ___Sophie___)
    Thanks that's really helpful and inspiring Is the assignment easy? It's 30% of the overall grade I think isn't it?
    I actually found the assignment quite difficult at first as I had no idea what topic to do or what business to choose. What really helped me was looking at examples of ones that people had already done. Once you know the structure and what you're doing it's pretty easy. I basically just wrote so much in mine that it's apparently over 30 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleymacleod)
    I actually found the assignment quite difficult at first as I had no idea what topic to do or what business to choose. What really helped me was looking at examples of ones that people had already done. Once you know the structure and what you're doing it's pretty easy. I basically just wrote so much in mine that it's apparently over 30 marks.
    Ok thank you very much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.