Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel GCSE English Literature: Understanding Prose - May 23rd 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm sitting my Edexcel English Literature: Understanding Prose exam tomorrow morning. My chosen novels are Animal Farm and Of Mice and Men. I feel reasonably confident, but does anyone have any tips they can offer? Predicted questions, structure of answers etc.

ReputationRep:
    So am I.
    I think that the character could be Slim as he has not yet come up in previous exams.

ReputationRep:
    What about AIC predicted questions?

ReputationRep:
    i think a question related to carlson or slim may come up. also does anybody have any good tip for revising for animal farm, the exam is tomorrow and i am not the best at animal farm, any useful websites or tips would be appreciated, thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    THANK GOD SLIM CAME UP I LITERALLY PRAYED FOR WEEKS
    I didn't think animal farm was that bad, i mean "power" is basically the main theme!! there is loads to write about napoleon and fortunately i had anaylzed that extract as part of my revision. Let's hope I scraped an A, perhaps an A* if I'm lucky. Did everyone do Slim, and if so how did you find it? What did you put for Social Historical??

ReputationRep:
    OMG the test was incredibly easy! i prayed for slim and he came up. animal farm was a breeze and i also studied that extract for my revision.

ReputationRep:
    Whoop I was right!

ReputationRep:
    Slim came up
    i couldnt think anything for violence at that time so i went with Slim

ReputationRep:
    I thought the Animal Farm Question was so easy it came up in most extracts when revising!
    I also chose the Violence question in OMAM but I wish I did Slim now!

ReputationRep:
    For the context i jus put that in the 1930s due to the great depression people wouldnt have been helping others they would just care for themselves

any one else put that???

ReputationRep:
    In terms of historical context, i said that he's just like the rest of the ranchmen (migrant workers) but he accepted reality for what it is and he's the only character that does not have a dream. To put it simply.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-ved)
    In terms of historical context, i said that he's just like the rest of the ranchmen (migrant workers) but he accepted reality for what it is and he's the only character that does not have a dream. To put it simply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thats good bruv, you could link to de title of da poem innit 'all good schemes of mice and men gang aft aglay'

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 23, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.