OCR G542 Retakers?? Anyone? Watch

alexbacon98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I'm retaking G542 of OCR Psychology on the old spec.

Does anyone have any predictions or ideas on what could come up as the 12 marker? I'm really worried about it!

Cheers :]
bethchapman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm sorry no one replied... I hope you got your answer elsewhere though.. How did it go? I re-took too x
lydia.290
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did any of you answer the question "What two ways did Griffiths use self-report?"
alexbacon98
Rep:
?
That 12 marker was hell!! I don't think I got any marks on it
lydia.290
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by alexbacon98)
That 12 marker was hell!! I don't think I got any marks on it
I know! I was really hoping for a simple strengths and weaknesses of the approach question. But I doubt you got 0 marks, how did you answer it?
alexbacon98
Rep:
?
(Original post by lydia.290)
I know! I was really hoping for a simple strengths and weaknesses of the approach question. But I doubt you got 0 marks, how did you answer it?
I answered it just on observations, not relating to data at all in most cases :/

EDIT: in answer to your previous question, I used the thinking aloud condition, and interviews after the experiment.
lydia.290
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I answered it just on observations, not relating to data at all in most cases :/

EDIT: in answer to your previous question, I used the thinking aloud condition, and interviews after the experiment.
Yeah, i just gave two strengths and two weaknesses of observations and related them to the studies of the approach that I picked. i didn't mention the collection of data
Caelmi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm pretty sure I made up everything i said in the 12 marker, and I wasn't keen on the section B options, thanks for that OCR
Craig1998
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What was the 12 marker? I didn't sit this exam but I'm curious as to how bad it was compared to last year.
Caelmi
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Craig1998)
What was the 12 marker? I didn't sit this exam but I'm curious as to how bad it was compared to last year.
Evaluating observation method with reference to social apparoach/individual differences
Craig1998
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Caelmi)
Evaluating observation method with reference to social apparoach/individual differences
Wow that is pretty bad. I'd probably use social approach (seeing as how Piliavin & Milgram are both observational and used in the g544 work for section b). It would still be quite difficult to link it back to the approach with every strength and weakness.
bethchapman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

I did thinking aloud too, and questionnaires about their 'skills' in gambling? Who knoooows
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (27)
11.44%
Yes - a food allergy (24)
10.17%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (7)
2.97%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (8)
3.39%
No (170)
72.03%

Watched Threads