Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On Thursday 25th August, I'm going to go to my school and get my results, (and yes I know I should be revising to achieve those said GCSE's instead of starting threads like this- I know). I need to know if it's remotely possible for me to get my grades and not have to open them in front of other human beings. There's peer-pressure, teacher-pressure and I don't know if you're meant to open them so you can go to your chosen sixth form on that day. Speaking of, do you just turn up at whatever sixth form you got a place, what happens to the others you accepted? Do you inform them...or what? Can anyone just explain what happens on results day, because I'm confusing myself

ReputationRep:
    On results day at my school, we were just invited to drop in at any time on a certain day to collect our results; and basically, some teachers were sitting in the maths room which was right by reception. I just went into the reception, got sent to the maths room, had a short chat with the teacher there who had my results(she just asked me whether I was happy with my grades, I said no; she said 'yeah, you could have done better'). It wasn't particularly stressful; and I just walked off afterwards with no fuss. Might be worse if your results are particularly bad. (I got mostly Bs, and I was originally predicted A*s, so my teachers were a bit disappointed but they didn't shame me or anything)

If you ask, they'll probably let you take your results without having to talk to anyone about them, if you're worried about doing badly.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't go to sixth form though, so I don't know if maybe the teachers are meant to talk to you about that if you are going to sixth form. I'd guess that they'd discuss it later though, because it would just be awkward to talk about it as soon as you get your results.

ReputationRep:
    lol just walk in, pick up your results and walk straight out

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting my GCSE results aswell BUT I thought enrolment day was not on the same day as results day? My school is sending our results online so I don't have to come to school and show others- Chaeyoung tho

ReputationRep:
    Just find somewhere quiet to open them, you don't have to open them in front of anyone. Besides, most people will be focusing on their own results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzyboy)
    On results day at my school, we were just invited to drop in at any time on a certain day to collect our results; and basically, some teachers were sitting in the maths room which was right by reception. I just went into the reception, got sent to the maths room, had a short chat with the teacher there who had my results(she just asked me whether I was happy with my grades, I said no; she said 'yeah, you could have done better'. It wasn't particularly stressful; and I just walked off afterwards with no fuss. Might be worse if your results are particularly bad. (I got mostly Bs, and I was originally predicted A*s, so my teachers were a bit disappointed but they didn't shame me or anything)

If you ask, they'll probably let you take your results without having to talk to anyone about them, if you're worried about doing badly.
    Thank you for that anecdote, it helped me out a lot. I wouldn't mind talking to one teacher, if there's not a multitude than I'll be totally fine. It's good to hear that it won't be tooo stressful.

(Original post by Daniel9998)
    lol just walk in, pick up your results and walk straight out
    I hope it really will be that easy, in that case I will fly out of that place.

(Original post by _floralnavy)
    I'm getting my GCSE results aswell BUT I thought enrolment day was not on the same day as results day? My school is sending our results online so I don't have to come to school and show others- Chaeyoung tho
    I thought so too, but one of my sixth forms said 'come on 25/08' and I was like?? The same day??
    -and yes it is Chae! I see $3 Yoongi- if I'm not mistaken- in yours, I almost had a heart attack gaaaahhh :nutcase:

(Original post by Flammae)
    Just find somewhere quiet to open them, you don't have to open them in front of anyone. Besides, most people will be focusing on their own results.
    That's good to hear, guess I'm a bit self entitled thinking that everyone would be so interested in my grades- they have their GCSE's too. Thanks for the advice!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.