The Student Room Group

Shaving your hair off for charity

Not sure if this should go in here or the general section

How many of you would shave your hair off for charity? Especially the girls, since I think it would be harder(maybe?) for a girl to do so as opposed to a guy with long hair

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No offence to charities, but I like my hair too much to do that :redface:

And I'm a guy :redface:
Reply 2
Hahah, no way in hell I would.
I'd look like a right idiot.
Reply 3
it would all be part of the fun though and theres loads of hats out there to wear
Reply 4
That is NOT my idea of fun.
And I look ridiculous with hats on ;D

I'd rather just donate money straight to charity than do something stupid, tbh. I think it's a bit silly to do things like that.
Reply 5
I really don't think I could do it..I'd just give the money without doing it :p:
It's a lovely sentiment but I'm toooo vain. :redface:

I'd rather sit in a bath of baked beans. And I really hate baked beans. Actually, I always thought this was a big waste of food, so I wouldn't do that either.

A sponsored run maybe.
Reply 7
///
Reply 8
fair do's if youd rather donate your money straight to charity, but all those people sponsoring you more likely than not wouldnt
Reply 9
I love my hair to much to do that. I've done sponsored runs and things like that before :smile:.
Reply 10
I'd do it but I'm a bloke so it wouldn't matter that much. I can understand why a women wouldn't want to do it though, unless you look like Natalie Portman.
Reply 11
I've done it a few times in the past... was actually going to do it again this year for comic relief infront of a assembly of kids ( i work in a inner city secondary school) but never got round to organising it! (i chickened out i suppose! :frown: )

It'd be a lot harder for a girl to do it than a guy... although i know my mom once had a skinhead!! \m/ :rock:
Reply 12
I would do it, would be awesome ^_^

I was planning on shaving my head a while ago but only ended up shaving half of it off. I don't think the school I went too would have appreciated me with no hair
Id never do it- ever.
I'd do it. . .(I'm a girl)
Then again I have short hair anyway. xx
Definitely not for me. I've spent the good part of two and a half years growing my mane, and it's become attached to me. I can't see myself ever having short hair again. I think long hair is incredibly masculine, provides a lovely blanket of warmth in winter, and can make *some* girls go nuts.

I think there are much more productive ways of raising money for charity. And I find it ever so slightly sexist that the majority of females who support such an act of "charity" encourage and in some cases I've witnessed, actively push males into giving up their locks, but would never dream of giving up their own hair. I don't buy the whole "but I'd look stupid, you wouldn't" argument. Girls have told me I should do this in the past. One even said I was selfish, as boys are "supposed" to have short hair anyway. Girls only think they'd look silly as it's ingrained into the mindset of the majority of society that girls are "supposed to have long hair".
Reply 16
I couldn't agree more. And both boys and girls are competing on the basis of image in today's society anyway :rolleyes:
Reply 17
I would never ever do it not even for money for myself. Indeed would pay loads NOT to have it done.
Reply 18
Hm.. I'd do it but I'd have to have a couple of drinks before hand.
Reply 19
I'm a girl and I'm only 15 and I would do anything for charity! I have been thinking about doing this for years but I used to get bullied a lot so it wouldn't have helped but I'm away from school now so I'm seriously considering it!

Quick Reply

Latest