The Student Room Group

Shaving your hair off for charity

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chiefbunny
Not sure if this should go in here or the general section

How many of you would shave your hair off for charity? Especially the girls, since I think it would be harder(maybe?) for a girl to do so as opposed to a guy with long hair

I suffer from alopecia - so anyone willing to shave off their hair for charity should do so by donating their hair to be made in to a wig - it's a great cause
I am male.

I would now (but have very short hair anyway).

I would also have done it when I had very long hair.
This thread is about 6 years old.
Original post by OU Student
This thread is about 6 years old.

So it is.

Lol.
If I had the face shape to pull it off I probably would - I'm pretty blasé about my hair these days. Unfortunately I have a very long face and would look ridiculous with no hair. :frown:
Jessie J clearly pulled it off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
One of my friends did it last month, it's growing back quite quickly though to the extent that it could be somewhat styled. I think it's very brave of her to do it. It's only hair so it will grow back I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ndella
One of my friends did it last month, it's growing back quite quickly though to the extent that it could be somewhat styled. I think it's very brave of her to do it. It's only hair so it will grow back I guess.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a great thing to do - but obviously a huge decision that not everyone needs / wants to make!
Reply 28
Original post by meke12
I would do it, would be awesome ^_^

I was planning on shaving my head a while ago but only ended up shaving half of it off. I don't think the school I went too would have appreciated me with no hair

This represents everything wrong with society. We have these rules placed on us where we need to look a certain way when it really shouldn't matter. Such a shallow world.

Back to the thread, I would do it, wouldn't bother me one bit, and I have a giant scar on my head (from surgery)

But then again I'm a guy, it's more "acceptable"

Girls can look good with shaven heads tho, and it would show that they're confident within themselves and aren't too vein (which I would find sexy)
So true. Sad but true unfortunately :frown:
I'd rather die than shave off my mane.
If i had hair I would hang on to it, but shaving it off for charity is an amazing, selfless gesture
Im going to do it in july this year, all u people puttin that u can do anything for charity but shaving ur head isn't the way to do it are talkin wer the sun dont shine. Anything u can do that helps charities in any way, makes a difference, whether that be give a penny or doin something to help raise money. I dont care wot I look like once its done, my hair wil grow back not matter how long it takes, sumone that has lost a child due to cancer isn't guna get that child back, so the more we can do to help, the better!ps im a girl doin this, n my hair is long n I cant wait to do x
Reply 33
I wouldn't do it. Much better things that raise more money.
My friends done it, she raised a lot of money and her hair grew back fairly quickly
Reply 35
No it doesn't prove anything other than you're so nice and charitable :rolleyes: :sick: I'd rather donate money than go without my lovely hair thanks.
If it was directly for someone that I love, I like to think I'd man up :smile: Other than that, rather just donate tbh.
Original post by meke12
I would do it, would be awesome ^_^

I was planning on shaving my head a while ago but only ended up shaving half of it off. I don't think the school I went too would have appreciated me with no hair

That's bad what if the pupil had no choice to have no hair

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think its a really good idea and have seen certain websites that explain just how helpful it is
Yes. I hate my hair, it's a pest, it gets in my way, it'd grow back. I'm growing it at the moment because I'm lazy and can't be bothered with a hair cut, I'd actually find it harder to grow my hair to say, waist length. I used to have it fairly long, although not as long as that, and every time I think about it I just want to cut it all off again. :lol: So I might grow it very very long and then shave it off for charity. It's the growing it that I'm going to hate most, but it's no use to anyone at the length it is. Although I don't know how kindly people would look on a pharmacist with nothing but stubble on their head. People think girls with no hair are odd *sigh* :lol: It grows back fast though, my friend shaved his head for charity and it grew back to a reasonable length in about a month. Maybe I'll grow it over the next year and chop it all off next summer while I can get away with it.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest