The Student Room Group

How can I stay motivated and study

My history exam is in 2 weeks I am not really revising, i was previously but now i feel unmotivated and distracted by the internet any advice will do how can I have the will and determination to study.I started revision in February but I am struggling to put in the final push to succeed.
The story of our lives
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous1502
My history exam is in 2 weeks I am not really revising, i was previously but now i feel unmotivated and distracted by the internet any advice will do how can I have the will and determination to study.I started revision in February but I am struggling to put in the final push to succeed.

Hey , i know how your feeling. My best advice is that you need to think of a reason why you chose to do A levels. My reason is to better my chances of getting a job once i finish and to get into university. Another reason of mine was to make myself and my parents proud as well as not being the person on results day with low grades . When i feel like i can't do anymore or not motivated i think of these reasons.... :smile:
Reply 3
turn off your laptop
turn off your phone
do some work

make it a habit.
Reply 4
It's fine it happens all the time😌
But I think it's setting up a plan that's really important. Time yourself with a clock of how much you have studied and compare it with how much you've actually studied.
For history I recommend drawing long graphs with time on it and organise what happened when and then start writing essays.
You've still got time so good luck on revising💪
Original post by adiya
Hey , i know how your feeling. My best advice is that you need to think of a reason why you chose to do A levels. My reason is to better my chances of getting a job once i finish and to get into university. Another reason of mine was to make myself and my parents proud as well as not being the person on results day with low grades . When i feel like i can't do anymore or not motivated i think of these reasons.... :smile:

gcse
Reply 6
Imagine yourself on results day, first with really good results, then with really awful results.
I find that often helps me. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest