Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have done the first week of my exam season but I don't know what I can do to revise really effectively during exams.
    Should I just do past exam papers or regular revision

ReputationRep:
    If you've done at least a bit of revision so far, you should do the past exam papers to test yourself. Check your revision materials if you find that you can't answer some questions.

At this point, you really just need to confirm that you're ready, so testing yourself should be your first priority imo.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure all your notes are done and spend the time going over them and doing notes on what you are bad at and then past papers last, well atleast thats what i do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Past papers kind of fall under regular revision. For me, even though I'm failing quite tremendously at revising English Lit this weekend, saying I'd do it all weekend and I'v done less than an hour. What I'd planned to do, and probably will do this week, is focus primarily on the exam you have the next day.

And if you can prepare for other exams, that's good too. I normally read through revision guides, if you have flash cards if that's your thing use them. I've found that I've done a few past exams already. Tonnes in maths, quite a few in English, a few in science. For immediate exams, I'd say just read or final cramming, what ever works.

But over the half term and study leave, I'd say definitely incorporate some past papers, It's what I hope I'll do. But mainly for me, I'm trying (not really but I try) to just read through, remember most points, a few vaguely, and work it from there. I may focus on one topic, but an overall view might be better rather than hope and pray for one topic to turn up, only for it to not be there.

It depends what works. For me, It's what I'd like to do, but never end up actually doing because I just get distracted. And reading through I never remember it all, but it's reassuring that I've tried. Sometimes I remember. And revision sessions before exams also help. I'll try to put in more effort over the holidays, triple science will slaughter me If I don't, but just try and remember as much as possible, not focus all on one part of a paper.

That's just my two cents. I've dragged it on as usual, but there ya go. Don't know if it will work, but as with many things in life, all you can do is try.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice, I'm kinda the same as you, I intend to do revision but I don't, my English lit is tomorrow, to be honest I only need English language and mathematics A so anything else is a bonus but I don't think my revision is effective and I started to revise too late, like in March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph456)
    Thanks for the advice, I'm kinda the same as you, I intend to do revision but I don't, my English lit is tomorrow, to be honest I only need English language and mathematics A so anything else is a bonus but I don't think my revision is effective and I started to revise too late, like in March
    March was too late? I thought starting at march was pretty good, when did everybody else start? I thought I was doing well, was

ReputationRep:
    It was sort of late March, early April, everyone stared revision in February or January, although my revision sucks, I just read my books and revision guides and then write some things down about what I read, that's all I do

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.