The Student Room Group

13 Year Old Wants A Job

Hey, I'm a 13 year old looking for a job in London that pays a decent amount of £ in London, such as babysitting, dog walking/sitting, paper rounds, sale assistant etc. How can I find these jobs? Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DDankK
Hey, I'm a 13 year old looking for a job in London that pays £7+ an hour in London, such as babysitting, dog walking/sitting, paper rounds, sale assistant etc. How can I find these jobs? Thanks
You have to be 14 to babysit and not sure about the other stuff but you should ask your parents to help you as you're very young still.
Original post by DDankK
Hey, I'm a 13 year old looking for a job in London that pays £7+ an hour in London, such as babysitting, dog walking/sitting, paper rounds, sale assistant etc. How can I find these jobs? Thanks

At 13, I'm pretty sure the most you can do is paper rounds..
wtf lol ur 13 do some exams lol
Reply 4
Original post by DDankK

Best option is ask people you know and you probably won't start at £7+ an hour when you're 13.

Posted from TSR Mobile
£7 an hour is very ambitious. Im an A grade student but yet I applied for 50+ jobs before I even got an interview. I got a job at sports direct but they only pay £3.87/hour
Reply 6
Original post by ABeingOnEarth
wtf lol ur 13 do some exams lol

lol i meant in the summer lol
Original post by DDankK
lol i meant in the summer lol

lol lol lol ok then lol lol lol but still u too young to work lol
Original post by DDankK

£7 is minimum wage for 18 year olds. You're never going to find a job that pays a 13 year old £7 an hour XDXDXDXDXD
Reply 9
Original post by ABeingOnEarth
lol lol lol ok then lol lol lol but still u too young to work lol

lol xdddd lol no im not lol you can even lol work at whsmith when your lol 13 lol lol
Original post by DDankK
lol xdddd lol no im not lol you can even lol work at whsmith when your lol 13 lol lol

1) You most certainly won't be on £7 an hour at smiths. Try closer to 4.
2) Just because they say that on the website doesn't mean you automatically get a job there. I don't know of one single person who works at WHSmith who is under 16.

Also did you scroll down a bit more on the website?

"You will need a National Insurance number before we are able to offer you a job."

You only get that MINIMUM 3 months before you turn 16.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by DDankK

Paper round.
Thats about it.
Most employers wouldnt touch 13 year olds with a bargepole.
If you ask around, people could want babysitters, gardeners etc.
But £7 an hour is a bit steep for a 13 year old, even in london.
if they employ 13 year olds then the other staff would need CRB checks...
Original post by DDankK

Hi, @DDankK

As a 13 year old, you can legally do most of the above jobs, but very few will offer pay of over £7 an hour. However, you'll need a job where you don't have to be on the companies insurance register.

I suggest posting an advert in a local newsagent/newspaper, and I suggest seriously lowering your wage. As a 17 year old, I struggle finding jobs due to insurance, so as a 13 year old, you're gonna struggle getting a job without the company paying extortionate insurance rates.

If I were you, I'd be self employed, until you get yourself an NI number.
Original post by DDankK
You can work with parental consent at 13, but not many places will hire you except papershops, and at your age you'll only get a couple of quid.

Also for ****'s sake stop saying "lol," it's pathetic.
Original post by Tootles
You can work with parental consent at 13, but not many places will hire you except papershops, and at your age you'll only get a couple of quid.

Also for ****'s sake stop saying "lol," it's pathetic.

lol

On-Topic: Yeah, I agree with you, I really do. Luckily, there is no minimum age at which children in the UK can be left on their own, nor do laws specify how old someone needs to be to babysit. However, if the babysitter is under 16, then the parent remains legally responsible for the babysat child's safety.
Get a paperound job, you can do one-two shifts per day.

Ask at your local shops or branch out, having a bike will help a lot.

You can also clean people's homes or do some gardening, digging, etc work. Look on the internet.

P.S: if you want a good job at the age of 18, try learning and getting into programming: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4072475
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
if you werent aware, most major exams are at 16. lol. maybe they wanna buy some revision guides, which you should do instead of commenting on this random page on the internet. :smile:
Nvm
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by DDankK
Hey, I'm a 13 year old looking for a job in London that pays a decent amount of £ in London, such as babysitting, dog walking/sitting, paper rounds, sale assistant etc. How can I find these jobs? Thanks

You could search up Newsagents in London or newsangets near me or newsagents in____________and ur address that might work and u will find some jobs near you that could work hope u find something x

Quick Reply

Latest