Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Does anyone do AQA Religious Studies B Unit 3? watch

Announcements
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's the day before the exam and I still haven't found anyone apart from at my school who does this exam!
    So, my questions are:
    Which units do you do?
    What is your best religious teaching for each unit?
    Which topics do you think will come up for each unit?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So, me first
    I do units 2,3,4,5 which is elderly, crime, drugs and poverty (not necessarily in that order)
    drugs- Muslim - "do not contribute to your own destruction"
    crime- Muslim - Shari'ah says follow the laws of your state and also Muslims must not hurt others
    poverty- Buddhist - The middle way- rich Buddhists shoukd help poor Buddhists reach the point where they have all they need bu no more
    also, - Muslim- all wealth is a gift from Allah and should be used wisely and in his name
    elderly - Christianity - Honour your father and mother, Love your neighbour as you love yourself

elderly - hospices or something
    crime-no clue!
    poverty- the national lottery
    drugs - maybe alcohol
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well I think those predictions were pretty accurate Just wish I'd had more faith in them and put extra revision effort into those topics now

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by lattu27)
    How did everyone find it?
    I'm actually not sure. Some of it was a bit odd and for some reason I structured my 6 markers weirdly and I'm now panicking that I'll have dropped marks for that. I found question 5 (Qs 21-25) more difficult than the others though because the religious teachings I'd learnt didn't seem to fit in (in fact they didn't seem to fit in much at all this paper I had loads which I just couldn't use which was a bit of a shame).
    How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    I found it much easier than my mock (2015) paper. I did question 1,2,3 and 5. I thought the 6 marker of Matters of life (question 1) was a bit strange but apart from that I found it pretty good.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by lattu27)
    I found it much easier than my mock (2015) paper. I did question 1,2,3 and 5. I thought the 6 marker of Matters of life (question 1) was a bit strange but apart from that I found it pretty good.
    Our mock was the 2014 paper and I think I found it a bit harder than that paper I did questions 2,3,4,5 and I found the 6 marker for question 4 quite different from any others we'd done and I think I contradicted myself a bit but oh well and as I said I found all of question 5 difficult which was a bit of a downer at the end of the paper, particularly as I was running out of time.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did this paper too! I found it really easy, but RS is very easy in general. Although this is a lot harder than Unit 4 which is mostly opinions and god's existence.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 11, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.