Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone experienced this feeling and know what it is? Watch

This is probably a really strange question but I wondered if anyone else has experienced this. When I make eye contact with this guy I see about town I feel like I'm looking at myself? I'm struggling to explain what it is but it's a feeling as if we are connected on some deeper level even though we are strangers? I feel like I can sort of sense his emotions and his eyes are very intimate? Anyone else ever experienced this with a stranger?

Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anyone?
    No?

ReputationRep:
    He probably just shows his emotions really easily. I know that if someone looks into my eyes, they could tell everything about me because I 'wear my heart on my sleeve'.(old expression for not hiding your emotions)

You don't get it with most people because frankly... most people are dishonest and you could never tell what they might be thinking beneath their shadowed eyes.

This is probably a really strange question but I wondered if anyone else has experienced this. When I make eye contact with this guy I see about town I feel like I'm looking at myself? I'm struggling to explain what it is but it's a feeling as if we are connected on some deeper level even though we are strangers? I feel like I can sort of sense his emotions and his eyes are very intimate? Anyone else ever experienced this with a stranger?
    Could be a sign that you're similar or compatible. How long do you generally hold the eye contact for?

(Original post by Jazzyboy)
    He probably just shows his emotions really easily. I know that if someone looks into my eyes, they could tell everything about me because I 'wear my heart on my sleeve'.(old expression for not hiding your emotions)

You don't get it with most people because frankly... most people are dishonest and you could never tell what they might be thinking beneath their shadowed eyes.
    Yeah that could be it. He almost seems quite vunerable when it happens. Thanks for your input

(Original post by Tootles)
    Could be a sign that you're similar or compatible. How long do you generally hold the eye contact for?
    Sometimes it's can be as much as maybe 5/6 seconds repeated a couple of times in a row. I feel like he is trying to tell me something, it's a very strange feeling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzyboy)

I really don't think an explanation for "wearing your heart on your sleeve" was required!!

Sometimes it's can be as much as maybe 5/6 seconds repeated a couple of times in a row. I feel like he is trying to tell me something, it's a very strange feeling
    So go to him and talk to him. Obviously your eyes get along* and that's always a good sign.

*I'm aware how New-Agey that sounds.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.