noooooo
    6.25%

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 20.29.24.png
Views: 110
Size:  46.6 KB
    so back story, i've been doing kpop dance covers for 3-4 years now and really im only JUST improving. Radio kimchi uk is inviting me to the kpop festival (im assuming) to perform. and im not sure if i should go :0 i wont have anyone to go with, and it'll be a journey from wales to london alone :s plus i dont have any experience on dancing in front of a crowd D:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    so back story, i've been doing kpop dance covers for 3-4 years now and really im only JUST improving. Radio kimchi uk is inviting me to the kpop festival (im assuming) to perform. and im not sure if i should go :0 i wont have anyone to go with, and it'll be a journey from wales to london alone :s plus i dont have any experience on dancing in front of a crowd D:
    What have you got to lose by going? I'd go!

ReputationRep:
    Do it

ReputationRep:
    You will regret it so much if you don't accept the offer! What an amazing opportunity! I'm pretty shy but then again I don't dance. Please do it, you'll be glad you did, and congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Do it or forever hold your regret

ReputationRep:
    DO IT!

ReputationRep:
    If theres one thing that life has taught me (and I really think there is just one thing the rest is a mystery) its that you should never say no to any kind of oppurtunity if the only reason you are saying no is rooted in fear. There are so many amazing memories just waiting to happen if you accept the offer and so many places it could take you. At the least, it will be really fun! You should definately go it's a really impressive thing that most people never get to do and an offer like that is exeedingly rare. Congratulations on being asked by the way you must be really talented!

ReputationRep:
    Ok Im posting again cos I know its a big choice but Im pretty damn sure you should do it

Your main worries are

1) Youre only just improving right now and dont feel like a pro yet

BUT no one there will be a complete professional either, chances are and no offence meant, theyll get ppl of a similar lvl to you to perform to hence they INVITED you, so if you're good in kpop terms then similar lvl ppl will be there too

2) You have no one to go with

Sure its nice to have a crew/tour bus but this is reality, youre given a chance others only dream of, its not going to be a perfect route but its a perfect chance

3) Its a long journey alone

Is it financially possible?
    Are you confident in being alone/stranger situations that occur?

4) No experience dancing in front of a crowd

It has to start somewhere mate, dont pull that excuse over yourself, youre better than that, everything has a beginning

Side note: Im a breakdancer, have been training for 8 months and would KILL for an opportunity (not literally lmao) to perform or be invited anywhere so us dancers have to take the chances!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Dooooooo ittttttt

ReputationRep:
    I would go

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I actually watch your YouTube channel:lol:, I defo think you should do it.
    I also dance and there's been so many things that I've been invited to that I've turned down and regretted so much. GO FO IT BOI.
    Plus, if you make YouTube videos of you dancing weren't you expecting an opportunity like this?

ReputationRep:
    Do it!! I watched some of your videos, they are amazing.
    Although, why cover your twitter name? Its public isn't it? You had a link to it.

ReputationRep:
    I'll watch you if you can cover Fantastic Baby
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Ok Im posting again cos I know its a big choice but Im pretty damn sure you should do it

Your main worries are

1) Youre only just improving right now and dont feel like a pro yet

BUT no one there will be a complete professional either, chances are and no offence meant, theyll get ppl of a similar lvl to you to perform to hence they INVITED you, so if you're good in kpop terms then similar lvl ppl will be there too

2) You have no one to go with

Sure its nice to have a crew/tour bus but this is reality, youre given a chance others only dream of, its not going to be a perfect route but its a perfect chance

3) Its a long journey alone

Is it financially possible?
    Are you confident in being alone/stranger situations that occur?

4) No experience dancing in front of a crowd

It has to start somewhere mate, dont pull that excuse over yourself, youre better than that, everything has a beginning

Side note: Im a breakdancer, have been training for 8 months and would KILL for an opportunity (not literally lmao) to perform or be invited anywhere so us dancers have to take the chances!

no wayyyy, i didnt know you do dance and break dancing as well? that's way more impressive than what i do lol xD my friend has done this sort of stuff before but she had another friend with her, in fact shes in a group. but i wont have that luxury :s i mean i dont mind dancing in front of the people because after all i won't remember them in the crowd and i'll go on with my life. by journey, i mean im scared of travelling to london alone even though i used to live there and what time will i get home and stuff. but other than that i will defo give this a good thought

(Original post by Kiniun)
    I actually watch your YouTube channel:lol:, I defo think you should do it.
    I also dance and there's been so many things that I've been invited to that I've turned down and regretted so much. GO FO IT BOI.
    Plus, if you make YouTube videos of you dancing weren't you expecting an opportunity like this?
    aw thanks of course not, i make videos because i thought it was really fun learning all these choreography. it's definitely a saturated genre on youtube too with many others, so getting this opportunity wasnt even on my mind xD

(Original post by Kholmes1)
    Do it!! I watched some of your videos, they are amazing.
    Although, why cover your twitter name? Its public isn't it? You had a link to it.
    TSR people knowing it is a whole different story :s

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.