Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have recently applied for student finance for second year 2016/17 and just need to send of my declaration form. However, I'm just wondering, after my dad gave his finance details so I know how much money I'm getting, I've been told that as well as the maintenance loan, I'm also getting a maintenance grant. I got a grant last year, but I thought the government had stopped giving the grant, or is that only for new students?

Also when re-applying, I can't remember there being an option for what year I am in and as I'm going into year 2 i wanted to make sure my student finance is for second year and was wondering is there a way to check this? Or does this not matter?
    Many thanks (hope this all makes sense)
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Adam1995)
    Hi, I have recently applied for student finance for second year 2016/17 and just need to send of my declaration form. However, I'm just wondering, after my dad gave his finance details so I know how much money I'm getting, I've been told that as well as the maintenance loan, I'm also getting a maintenance grant. I got a grant last year, but I thought the government had stopped giving the grant, or is that only for new students?

Also when re-applying, I can't remember there being an option for what year I am in and as I'm going into year 2 i wanted to make sure my student finance is for second year and was wondering is there a way to check this? Or does this not matter?
    Many thanks (hope this all makes sense)
    That's only for new students, you ll still get a grant. That shouldn't matter, they should realise which year you are in

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.