The Student Room Group

What languages do you speak?

Scroll to see replies

english, french, german, a little hungarian....
Reply 61
English, German, Russian, French and Welsh.
Mind you the last 3 are only to GCSE level but I can understand my mum when she speaks in Russian :smile: Always a positive sign and if I want to ignore her I just pretend that I haven't got a clue what she is saying :p:
Elements
:eek: lil groovy dude - long time, no see!:hello:

hola :hello:

likewise :p: I havnet been to ex-pingu soc in quite a while :ninja:

you been OK? :smile: :hugs: Exams going fine?
Reply 63
lil groovy dude
hola :hello:

likewise :p: I havnet been to ex-pingu soc in quite a while :ninja:

you been OK? :smile: :hugs: Exams going fine?

Me neither. Loadsa exams- got 7 left, already done 15!
I speak English, (obviously!), a bit of French, a bit of German and Russian. :cool:
Scots and English.
Original post by Sundous
1...2...maybe 3 or more? Share your language skills! :biggrin:

I speak:

Dutch: (++)
English: (++)
Arabic: (dialect) (++)
Standard Arabic: (+)
French: (+-)
Tarifisht (Moroccan language) (+)
Spanish (-)

Are you actually for real?

I am guessing thats a no.

I speak polish and english thas about it.
Lithuanian (mother tongue) kalbu lietuviškai
English (Advanced) No need to say that :teehee:
Russian (understand something but not much :tongue:) Ja govoriu po Ruskij jazik :colone:
French (barely speak it :lol:) Je parle un petit peu le Francais :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 68
English
Urdu
Punjabi
Hindi
GCSE standard Spanish
(edited 9 years ago)
My two main languages are English and Malay. Though I can understand Indonesian and Mandarin and bits of German and Russian. Oh, and I'm also fluent in sarcasm.
FLUENT:

English, Dutch, French, German, Afrikaans, Hindi, Korean, Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia

Rudimentary:

Turkish, Russian, Gulf Arabic, Swahili, Hausa, Urdu, Malayalam, Burmese, Khmer, Bahasa Melayu, Japanese

Basic:

Amharic, Tuareg, Malagasy, Tamil, Sinhala, Nepalese
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel

Rudimentary:

Turkish, Russian, Gulf Arabic, Swahili, Hausa, Urdu, Malayalam, Burmese, Khmer, Bahasa Melayu, Japanese

YOU UNDERSTAND BASIC MALAY!! I've never met anyone else on here who does! :biggrin:
Fluent: English, Cantonese, Mandarin
Good enough for a conversation: German, Spanish
and I guess a bit of C++ :wink:
English +++
Spanish ++
Italian +

Posted from TSR Mobile
English and some Punjabi
English, punjabi, hindi and a little spanish! :smile:
Romanian, German and English (nearly) at native-speaker level, fluent in French and I'm working on my Spanish and Russian :smile: although I understand most of (like 80-90%?) written Spanish, Italian and Dutch.
Oh and random words in about 20 other languages, as this counts apparently :biggrin:
And I did 3 years of Latin every day until last year (but I'm gonna do it at GCSE from next year). I'm actually fluent at it lol I always text or talk to a friend of mine in Latin.. I know.. kinda mental but it's fun!! :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
English, Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, German, Japanese, Korean, (Norwegian, Russian)

My English and Portuguese are both fluent. My Spanish speaking skills are intermediate (never actually learned the language), but because I speak Portuguese, I can read and understand Spanish pretty much fluently. I did learn Italian though, so it's around A level standard.

My German and Japanese are both A level standard as well, so nearly fluent. I started Korean last year, and started Norwegian and Russian fairly recently, hence the brackets. I can speak some basic Dutch too, but not to a good enough extent that I'd put it on the list! :smile:
English, German, French, Polish, Norwegian, Turkish (to a reasonable level) same with Greek.
Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel
FLUENT:

English, Dutch, French, German, Afrikaans, Hindi, Korean, Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia

Rudimentary:

Basic:

Amharic, Tuareg, Malagasy, Tamil, Sinhala, Nepalese

あんたの戯言が好きじゃない. Ik vertrouw je niet

Quick Reply

Latest