Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you completely get over someone? Watch

help.

ReputationRep:
    Frog leap over them.
    You accept it, delete them out of your life and busy yourself. Confront yourself about it.

ReputationRep:
    shank em up and dump their body in a river.

ReputationRep:
    With time tbh m8

ReputationRep:
    My friend disappeared from all things social media when he broke up with his girlfriend. After about 2 weeks, he said he's completely over her. There's not really anything specific you can do really. But yeah what the person above me said (well some people above me)

Find someone to rebound with

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, time tbh.

If it helps, you can think of how boring and bland their personalities are? Try to make them as 2 dimensional as possible, and if that dont work

(Original post by roadmanchasin£)
    shank em up and dump their body in a river.

ReputationRep:
    vodka. lots and lots of vodka

ReputationRep:
    It happens over time. It can be painful but you should delete/get rid of everything in your environment that reminds you of him/her. Also once you are ready try to go out and meet someone new who will distract your thoughts or just bond with your current friends. One day you will probably wake up and not think about that person anymore. We all go through this a few times imo.

ReputationRep:
    find a good distraction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Find someone to rebound with
    Don't do this. It ends up hurting another person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    help.
    I don't think anyone can truly get over someone. You can accept that they are no longer part of your life. But you will probably always get a flashback to the good times you had with that person, probably triggered by the smallest thing. And you might even have a moment where you miss them, and that's ok. But you just continue to live your life. It's difficult, I know that. I did it though, for the better, I still think about him, and get sad that he isn't in my life at all anymore, and I remember the good times, but in the end I'm better off without him in my life, and now I'm genuinely happy, even though I know what I walked away from and could have had.

EDIT
    I've read that it takes a year and a half to get over someone, not sure how true this is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unorganisedaf)
    Frog leap over them.
    aw man u beat me to it hahahaha

give yourself time, because time is key and its okay to reminisce about the 'good times' but remember you were fine before and you'll be fine after xx

ReputationRep:
    Replace them, in time.

ReputationRep:
    - Find another person
    - Cut them out of your life and wait

Those are the only solutions tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Time heals - doesn't mean things will be exactly the same for you as before, but as others have said, these are probably just memories more than anything else - the person who you fell in love with some years ago as a youngster might not be anything like they are today or in some years to come.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.