Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Looking for a gaming monitor any personal opinions on what you have??

This is what i am kinda looking for
    1080p
    20 inchs or more
    hdmi
    0 - 150 sterling

ReputationRep:
    Is it for consoles or a PC?

ReputationRep:
    Just look for a recent Asus or Acer monitor in your price range. Both really good brands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzyboy)
    Just look for a recent Asus or Acer monitor in your price range. Both really good brands.
    BenQ is also a great company. LG is too, but they are fairly expensive.

ReputationRep:
    Asus VN247H - one of the best monitors I had. 1ms Response time, built in speakers, 1080p HDMI etc. It's an all rounder. Best of luck. (£150)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numero Uno)
    Looking for a gaming monitor any personal opinions on what you have??This is what i am kinda looking for1080p20 inchs or morehdmi
    0 - 150 sterling
    In other words, you're looking for a cheap 1080p monitor. 'gaming' doesn't really apply unless you've got an impressive budget tbh.

Never found any fault with ASUS - this is an excellent cheap 23" 1080p monitor :cute:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-VC239H...+1080p+monitor

ReputationRep:
    I have a 21 inch Acer one @60 Hertz for £89 I think. It's rather good, and it's in 1080p. I preferred to have a 24 inch one though, but. What can you do?

ReputationRep:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The one I use - 144Hz, 1ms etc.

Just outside the price range but you could probably get it for cheaper - still a good deal tho.

Only bad thing I'd say from experience are no inbuilt speakers and the stand in non-adjustable.
    Other than that, it's a good, cheap 144Hz monitor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torticci)

Just outside the price range but you could probably get it for cheaper - still a good deal tho.

Only bad thing I'd say from experience are no inbuilt speakers and the stand in non-adjustable.
    You're not likely to benefit from 144Hz.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by MrControversial)
    You're not likely to benefit from 144Hz.
    OP, unless you are using a PC and have a GPU that can run games well above 144fps, don't even bother getting a 144hz monitor, it will do nothing for you except hurt your wallet also if you are going to get that monitor DO NOT get that one he linked, the colour reproduction is horrible, spend a little bit more on a ASUS VG248QE or a BenQ XL24(i forgot what it's called) but it's around £200.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleiya)
    OP, unless you are using a PC and have a GPU that can run games well above 144fps, don't even bother getting a 144hz monitor, it will do nothing for you except hurt your wallet.
    I agree it is pretty unnecessary but if you have the power to run games on it, why wouldn't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm using Eizo. Absolutely great. save up a bit more and get it!

ReputationRep:
    I agree it is pretty unnecessary but if you have the power to run games on it, why wouldn't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's more on the expensive side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K2G)
    I'm using Eizo. Absolutely great. save up a bit more and get it!
    Ezio? Everyone hates those monitors.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the responses everyone

ReputationRep:
    Really you're just looking for anything that's Full HD (not 'HD ready') and doesn't get dead pixels.

Maybe avoid Samsung, since their monitors aren't great and their customer service is even worse.

I would go on a selling site or one of the local Facebook groups and get one second-hand, making sure I know the model number so I can check it's any good, the alternative is spending a load in Argos when you could get a 42" Plasma for half, for example.

ReputationRep:
    iiyama do some pretty good monitors with a good price tag

ReputationRep:
    i need monitors for my xbox 360 with built in speakrs. please someone suggest me good ones.i've a budget arnd $300

ReputationRep:
    Better to get speakers in monitor?

ReputationRep:
    how about this one AOC??
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/AOC-I2369VM.../dp/B00BDBWE0Y

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.