The Student Room Group

Does it actually matter what uni you go to?

Seriously. Obviously I know if you go to London south bank or London met that's not going to be well respected. However, if you get a 2:1 from a non Russel group such as Reading or Leicester or Kent, is it really going to be detrimental to one getting a good job? Surely, there's going to be people who have a1:1 from Oxford but are absolutely bad af at interview skills, and there must be peoole with a 2:1 from bath spa who have amazing personalities and interview skills. I don't believe for a second that it's purely based on what uni you go to. Obviously if you want to a lawyer then yes, but something like English surely not?? And yeah maybe what uni you go to reflect on your A level grades but some people genuinely just get so stressed with the amount of work and have meltdowns because of the pressure that is put on them to get to a 'good' uni. For me, the only reason why I would want to go to a 'top' uni is so higher my chances of finding a smart boy who's not doing sports management
In my opinion, it doesn't matter. But I know that I will be in the minority.
No if you went to universities such as those you mentioned it will not matter.
There's no point going to a 'good universiy' if you won't be able to handle he work and will consequently do badly/drop out.

Anyway apart for specific derees and jobs, you're better off going to the uni that is good for your field of study, and getting loads of experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest