Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

This is my first post on this section (well anywhere on this site really) and I was wondering what are your favourite games that are made by Valve? I really like Portal and TF2, they are super fun but I have a horrible laptop so I can't really run them well. I want to be able to play CS:GO but it runs awful on my laptop which sucks so I can't play well

What are your favorite games?

ReputationRep:
    Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2! Great FP zombie kill 'em/hack 'em/axe 'em. The game is quite well done, in terms of the way it's presented. It was developed by Valve South, one of Valves side companies (much like Rockstar North/South/East/West/Every other possible direction :P )
    There are so many ways to play it, and you can choose from 4 characters to play as. So good, I might have to go play it now haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KLouSmart)
    Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2! Great FP zombie kill 'em/hack 'em/axe 'em. The game is quite well done, in terms of the way it's presented. It was developed by Valve South, one of Valves side companies (much like Rockstar North/South/East/West/Every other possible direction :P )
    There are so many ways to play it, and you can choose from 4 characters to play as. So good, I might have to go play it now haha
    Great game, toxic community. I'd suggest getting a group of friends from somewhere else to play with you rather than joining a random server if you're going to pick this up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComedieMusicales)
    Great game, toxic community. I'd suggest getting a group of friends from somewhere else to play with you rather than joining a random server if you're going to pick this up
    Yeah I completely agree, get 3 other friends and let the banter and chaos ensue! I can't wait to get a gaming PC to play it on, along with the rest of my Steam library.
    I just play it on xb360 on my tod for now.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Portal 2 by faaar.

ReputationRep:
    Half Life + Half Life 2

No question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Portal 2 by faaar.
    I know right! It's so fun

Yeah I completely agree, get 3 other friends and let the banter and chaos ensue! I can't wait to get a gaming PC to play it on, along with the rest of my Steam library.
    I just play it on xb360 on my tod for now.
    I might build a PC in the summer after exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aleiya)
    I know right! It's so fun

I might build a PC in the summer after exams
    I always said I would do that, I just never got round to it. I'm looking at an MSI gaming laptop. But sadly don't have the funds for it anytime soon.

ReputationRep:
    I always said I would do that, I just never got round to it. I'm looking at an MSI gaming laptop. But sadly don't have the funds for it anytime soon.
    Awe bless, save up! I saved a lot during birthdays.

ReputationRep:
    Portal 2 is definitly my favourite single player
    GMOD is my favourite multiplayer(Jailbreak and DarkRP trolling + TITT + Murder)
    L4D2 was also so fun multiplayer
    Half Life 2
    CS GO
    Never really liked TF2 that much tbh, apart from playing as the Engineer and building sentries

ReputationRep:
    I did the same at Xmas and you can practically get every game for a fraction of the price you expect to pay on consoles etc

It is worth it (like you need an excuse to build one :P)

ReputationRep:
    I might just have to work extra hours and save birthday and christmas money for it, but it will be worth it.
    I'd actually be cheaper building my own, the bonus with that is you can build it to your own specs and needs.

ReputationRep:
    I might just have to work extra hours and save birthday and christmas money for it, but it will be worth it.
    I'd actually be cheaper building my own, the bonus with that is you can build it to your own specs and needs.
    Definitely build it, it's a lot beter and it builds skills too (if that's important to you) and you can also get it much cheaper as well as to how you want it.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely build it, it's a lot beter and it builds skills too (if that's important to you) and you can also get it much cheaper as well as to how you want it.
    It will put my skills to the test that's for sure haha, it's been a while since I've had to do any inside work with a base unit!
    As cheap as this will sound, the cheaper the better, I'm a poor student, go figure!

ReputationRep:
    It will put my skills to the test that's for sure haha, it's been a while since I've had to do any inside work with a base unit!
    As cheap as this will sound, the cheaper the better, I'm a poor student, go figure!
    There are some really good youtube videos you can watch out there to build a computer, it doesn't look to hard haha but I have no experience sooo, I can't say for sure. Make sure you buy the current gen of GPUs when the next gen comes out because they will tank in prices a lot!

ReputationRep:
    There are some really good youtube videos you can watch out there to build a computer, it doesn't look to hard haha but I have no experience sooo, I can't say for sure. Make sure you buy the current gen of GPUs when the next gen comes out because they will tank in prices a lot!
    Good shout! I built one back in college, which wasn't too long ago, we had to install the OS and set up a network between the computers we had built with a printer and folders accessible by all computers on the network. As you said, YT is there for anything I muck up or have probably forgotten.

ReputationRep:
    Team Fortress 2 ... if that wasn't obvious enough from my profile pic. I also really love portal!

ReputationRep:
    CSGO is where life is at just hit 500 hours
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Portal 2 is my favourite. :cube:

ReputationRep:
    Stopped playing CS:GO quite a while back, it's a good game but wayy to many immature kids (By kids, I'm talking people over 20... unfortunately)

A good game that i enjoy is S.K.I.L.L. Special Force 2, basically your budget FPS game. Runs smooth on old hardware, quite fun with various game modes etc.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.