Top 5 favourite games on console/PC

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    What are your top 5 favourite games on console and/or PC?
    I'm looking to expand my game collection, and want to know what games are great and what makes them great for you as the player?

ReputationRep:
    1) Fallout 3 + NV
    2) Oblivion (+ Morrowind if you're into older games)
    3) Bioshock (+ 2 and Infinite)
    4) Dead Space + 2
    5) LA Noire

All heavily story driven games, which is why I like them

Admittedly LA Noire can become repetitive if you play it heavily for prolonged periods of time but it's good if you get past this

ReputationRep:
    1) Portal 2
    2) Mirror's Edge
    3) Portal
    4) Remember Me
    5) The Stanley Parable

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torticci)
    1) Fallout 3 + NV
    2) Oblivion (+ Morrowind if you're into older games)
    3) Bioshock (+ 2 and Infinite)
    4) Dead Space + 2
    5) LA Noire

All heavily story driven games, which is why I like them

Admittedly LA Noire can become repetitive if you play it heavily for prolonged periods of time but it's good if you get past this
    I played LA Noire, I think the concept of the game is amazing, but after a while I found it to get really frustrating when I couldn't read the faces of everyone I interogated, and had to continually redo the interview.
    Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game. I love it, especailly due to the price being free thanks to games with gold.
    I'll look up the others, thanks

ReputationRep:
    1) The Last of Us
    2) Red Dead Redemption
    3) Final Fantasy Series
    4) GTA San Andreas
    5) Can't think of 5th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    1) Portal 2
    2) Mirror's Edge
    3) Portal
    4) Remember Me
    5) The Stanley Parable
    I've heard good things about the Portal games, I think I'll need to get them, and play through them.
    Mirror's Edge for me is such a great game, can't wait for the new one to come out.
    I'll need to check out the others, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KLouSmart)
    I played LA Noire, I think the concept of the game is amazing, but after a while I found it to get really frustrating when I couldn't read the faces of everyone I interogated, and had to continually redo the interview.
    Bioshock Infinite is a beautiful game. I love it, especailly due to the price being free thanks to games with gold.
    I'll look up the others, thanks
    No problem! I have a lot more though... Hard condensing it to 5

Red Dead Redemption, Dishonored, Batman Arkham games etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    1) The Last of Us
    2) Red Dead Redemption
    3) Final Fantasy Series
    4) GTA San Andreas
    5) Can't think of 5th
    This list is me, add Tomb Raider, and it's me. Albeit I haven't played FF in years. I used to play FFVIII on PS1 years ago!

ReputationRep:
    1) Dragon Age: Origins
    2) Dragon Age: Inquisition
    3) Skyrim (significantly better on PC though with mods)
    4) Bayonetta
    5) Dark Souls

I am a huuggee fan of Bioware. I would've included Dragon Age 2 but I always felt like, in retrospect, it was meant as more of an introduction of the Mage/Templar conflict in Inquisition and wasn't meant to be as grandiose. It lacked the scale of Origins but the characters are still amazing.

I implore you, OP, if you're a fan of story-driven games and haven't played the Dragon Age trilogy, please do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torticci)
    No problem! I have a lot more though... Hard condensing it to 5

Red Dead Redemption, Dishonored, Batman Arkham games etc etc
    If you want to list more than 5 go ahead, I like seeing what games people play, especially if they talk about a game I wouldn't usually go out of my way to play. Sometimes those are the best games to play.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markreed)
    1) Dragon Age: Origins
    2) Dragon Age: Inquisition
    3) Skyrim (significantly better on PC though with mods)
    4) Bayonetta
    5) Dark Souls

I am a huuggee fan of Bioware. I would've included Dragon Age 2 but I always felt like, in retrospect, it was meant as more of an introduction of the Mage/Templar conflict in Inquisition and wasn't meant to be as grandiose. It lacked the scale of Origins but the characters are still amazing.

I implore you, OP, if you're a fan of story-driven games and haven't played the Dragon Age trilogy, please do.
    I will give the Dragon Age trilogy a go! A few friends always seem to play it. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    In no particular order:-

-Skyrim
    -Medieval II Total War
    -Kingdom Hearts
    -Crash Bandicoot (I and II)
    -The Sims II

..the old ones are the best also I just noticed that I clearly have a weird liking for sequels.

ReputationRep:
    1) Halo Reach
    2) GMOD (trolling with IRL friends otherwise it's not as fun)
    3) GTA Online
    4) Bully: Scholarship Edition (Definitely play this you'll love it)
    5) Portal 2
    6) Bioshock Infinite
    7) Skyrim with mods
    8) Until Dawn (all-nighter with friends, scary and fun)
    9) Uncharted 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsicalSloth)
    In no particular order:-

-Skyrim
    -Medieval II Total War
    -Kingdom Hearts
    -Crash Bandicoot (I and II)
    -The Sims II

..the old ones are the best also I just noticed that I clearly have a weird liking for sequels.
    Crash Bandicoot and The Sims are two of the most infuential games of my childhood, them and Rayman got my hooked on gaming as a kid. I played Elder Scrolls when it came out, I just liked going into people's houses and knicking so much of their stuff that you couldn't run! Good times! I'll put the others onto my growing list of games to play thanks

ReputationRep:
    I've heard good things about the Portal games, I think I'll need to get them, and play through them.
    Mirror's Edge for me is such a great game, can't wait for the new one to come out.
    I'll need to check out the others, thanks
    The new mirrors edge plays beautifully - it is much much smoother than the original game was. Anyway my top 5 would probably be something like:

1. Borderlands series (2 is the best imo)
    2. Mirrors edge
    3. Just cause series
    4. Oblivion
    5. Portal series

ReputationRep:
    Crash Bandicoot and The Sims are two of the most infuential games of my childhood, them and Rayman got my hooked on gaming as a kid. I played Elder Scrolls when it came out, I just liked going into people's houses and knicking so much of their stuff that you couldn't run! Good times! I'll put the others onto my growing list of games to play thanks
    You're very welcome I hope you enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoda123)
    1) Halo Reach
    2) GMOD
    3) GTA Online
    4) Bully: Scholarship Edition (Definitely play this you'll love it)
    5) Portal 2
    6) Bioshock Infinite
    7) Skyrim with mods
    8) Until Dawn (all-nighter with friends, scary and fun)
    9) Uncharted 4
    I have quite a similar gaming list to you. I play GTAO all the time on PS4, I even go back onto XB360 and play GTABOGT and see what is happening there with all the modders driving their dinosaurs haha.
    Bully: Scholarship Edition, I kid you not, is in my disk drive on my xbox, I really want the remastered version of PS4! Such a great game to much about in and actually achieve a pass in Maths (for me!)
    Until Dawn...Words cannot describe my love for that game. Really great game, only played it single player but great storyline (until the very last moments and final fight!) and a game that can give you a fright!
    I meantions Bioshock earlier. Amazing!
    Played the earlier Uncharted games, really want the complete collection! New one looks boss!
    Sorry for the novel there haha

ReputationRep:
    Not in any order.

1. Ark Survival Evolved.
    2. Assassins Creed
    3. Fable
    4. GTA
    5. Bully was a lot of fun like the person above said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    The new mirrors edge plays beautifully - it is much much smoother than the original game was. Anyway my top 5 would probably be something like:

1. Borderlands series (2 is the best imo)
    2. Mirrors edge
    3. Just cause series
    4. Oblivion
    5. Portal series
    I'm honestly so excited for Mirror's Edge! That and ROTR finally coming to PS4!
    I could never warm to the Just Cause series, but I've seen gameplay of 3 and it looks amazeballs!
    I will add the others to my list thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm honestly so excited for Mirror's Edge! That and ROTR finally coming to PS4!
    I could never warm to the Just Cause series, but I've seen gameplay of 3 and it looks amazeballs!
    I will add the others to my list thanks
    Yeah i was lucky enough to be able to play the catalyst closed beta and it's worth the wait haha

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.