Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    exactly... why would you, thats why i dont use gel bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cellardore)
    ooooo, big hair's nice! i don't like skin heads, lol
    I disagree but then again my hair grows into a jewfro (like an afro but jewish) - see kingniks pic thread. Very worrying

MB

ReputationRep:
    I use mousse! Mousse! Mousse! Moooouuuuuuusse!

When my hair is long(er), that is, when its shorter I use putty of the fibre variety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    fudge shaper is the best hair product for us guys in my opinion.

Hold without the sharp bits, and looking like u just got in from the rain.
    agreed i use that product its really good but bloody expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    lol i'm keeping mine and see how long it grows till it no longer is an afro.
    yeah, afro's are nice big hair is definately in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    I disagree but then again my hair grows into a jewfro (like an afro but jewish) - see kingniks pic thread. Very worrying

MB
    hmm, it does depend, you're right, but then long hair is quite nice too, like brendon out of incubus

ReputationRep:
    Wax makes your hair look greasy more than gel. Only problem with gel is its very watery and it basically doesnt hold your hair up..

ReputationRep:
    yeah, afro's are nice big hair is definately in
    lol tis not really an afro, since i aint black. :rolleyes: but its gettting quite big

ReputationRep:
    lol tis not really an afro, since i aint black. :rolleyes: but its gettting quite big

hehe i like big hair and i can imagine most other girls do to, as it gives us something to run our hands through....

ReputationRep:
    How sticky is the gel.
    If someone threw a sunflower seed at you would it stick?
    Please, tell me. It's just been annoying me for the past week.

ReputationRep:
    hehe i like big hair and i can imagine most other girls do to, as it gives us something to run our hands through....
    lol i play with it myself too but i think i need to get it cut soon coz i'm going to my brother's graduation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    How sticky is the gel.
    If someone threw a sunflower seed at you would it stick?
    Please, tell me. It's just been annoying me for the past week.
    lol gel isnt sticky once its on your head unless it gets wet.. even then its just slimey...

ReputationRep:
    lol i play with it myself too but i think i need to get it cut soon coz i'm going to my brother's graduation.
    well, get it smoothed down. The sauve look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    I started using hair mgel since i cut my hiar, and was woundering if it causes any damage to the hair, and does washing it take care of the problem? Does it cause acne, cause hair to fall out.....ANYONE?!?!
    Not bad for hair but it can definitely irritate your scalp. As for gel causing premature hairloss, I've heard that quite a few times but I'm sure these days, there are certain brands of gel/wax which don't irritate your sclap.

Just use plenty of gel because girls like a guy with loads of muck in his hair. Of course, his hair will fall out when he's young but what does he care, he'll be married and his wife will have to put up with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Are you smearing it over your face?
    LOL hahha *me! giggles*

ReputationRep:
    Nasty things about gel:

When someone/something touches your hair when its on, the whole lot moves and its horrible.

When you sweat, it gets itchy as hell

When it rains it drips down your face..

Wax is impossible to get out too..

ReputationRep:
    Try using wax or rework fibre putty (or something like that)..VO5....i find them pretty decent.

The wax doesn't look too greasy unless you use too much of the separate finisher product...and the fibre putty isn't really greasy at all.

G

ReputationRep:
    i use gel in my hair im still the same lol stop fretting my gud friend xxxxx :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trigger)
    i use gel in my hair im still the same lol stop fretting my gud friend xxxxx :rolleyes:
    have you tried serum?..Get the Bootonic serum form boots, that stuff works miracles! :rolleyes: (without your hair going greasy)

ReputationRep:
    have you tried serum?..Get the Bootonic serum form boots, that stuff works miracles! :rolleyes: (without your hair going greasy)
    cant get on with serum!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.