The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do anymore?

So basically im going to a University where another 3 of my friends are going to. The rest are going to another city which is too far away to travel to on a regular basis.

Just aftern finishing high school last week, and saying goodbye to them, some people are inviting me to go on short day trips and activities etc.

I dont want to go because it hurts every time to say goodbye etc

Either I could break contact with them all or just continue seeing them.

I dont know what to do anymore
Surely you want to be with your friends as long as possible, while you still have the time before uni starts? I'd go for it, create more amazing memories with them!! I wouldn't break off contact, especially as you seem so close, that would be silly.
If you really don't feel like going, then explain to them why, just like you've done on here.... If I were you're friend, I'd find it a perfectly reasonable explanation.
Hope you manage to figure out what to do, think positive! 😊
When high school/college ends people will inevitably drift apart; it's just the way things go. I have three solid friendships from high-school; the rest I haven't spoken to in the many years since I left.

Yet, if the option is there, why would you not want to stay in contact with them? The friendships probably won't be as strong as people will be moving on with their lives, growing up and experiencing all new things, but it doesn't mean you can't say hello once in a while.

I say, stay in contact. You never know what might happen.
Thats life man.... can't do much about it :colondollar:
Original post by Anonymous
So basically im going to a University where another 3 of my friends are going to. The rest are going to another city which is too far away to travel to on a regular basis.

Just aftern finishing high school last week, and saying goodbye to them, some people are inviting me to go on short day trips and activities etc.

I dont want to go because it hurts every time to say goodbye etc

Either I could break contact with them all or just continue seeing them.

I dont know what to do anymore

I would go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending