Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got offers for Engineering but I do enjoy Math and I think there many not be enough Math in an Engineering degree. The question excludes the obvious choices like Mathematician and such.

ReputationRep:
    Nah.

ReputationRep:
    I think your employment prospects are better with an engineering degree. Of course, you could argue that i'm a bit biased, as i hold a masters in electrical engineering. There is plenty of math(s) in engineering - particularly if you delve into communications engineering (which is my field). There, everything is statistical, because random processes are everywhere. A minimum is engineering is a bachelors (or equivalent). I know that on your side of the pond, often people with 2 yr degrees are called "engineers", but they are not here. Those are termed technicians. You will not end up even half running a project as a technician, in most cases. In order to run a significant project - say $2 mill USD - you will need a master's degree. On this side of the pond, someone with a masters in EE can get around $90k ($90,000) to $140,000 depending upon experience. Living costs are generally lower than in the Uk, unless you consider places like NY city. Then, they are about comperable. I live near D.C. - it's cheaper here. Good luck! Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucasium)
    there many not be enough Math in an Engineering degree.
    A good engineering degree is composed of lots of maths, much of it advanced and pure.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Old thread, now closed

Judging by their posts in other threads the OP stayed with Engineering...

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.