Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which of the following would you suggest converting to a track car:

2002-4 1.8L TDI Vectra. Heavy interior, weight reduction could yield good results, don't forget the vectra was a BTCC car back in the day.

1998-9 1.5L VTEC Civic. Superfast accelerator response, but smaller engine than the Vauxhall.

What would one expect to pay a base car for the civic, or a base car for the vectra?

ReputationRep:
    The Civic transmission is generally faster, but you'd probably change that out anyway. Civic probably has more parts ready to be installed as the conversion, it's a more popular amateur race car.

I would go with the Vectra if you got a 2.0 or higher - the police used those in traffic for a reason! But if you are deciding on <2L cars, then I would be tempted towards the civic more.

Considering the age, I wouldn't pay more than £1000, probably in the £500-800 range.

Maybe up to £1200 for the vectra.

ReputationRep:
    Would not be going for a tdi vectra for a track car. like. at all. a 1.5 civic would be much more usable and fun with the right mods..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.