Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am aware of this condition --

"If you’ve studied beforeIf you already have a master’s degree, or a qualification that’s an equivalent or higher, you won’t be eligible."

I self-funded an MSc course from Manchester Metropolitan University in 2005 when I was an Indian citizen. I became a UK citizen this March 2016 (as I had continuously lived in England for over 7 years) and I am about to start an MBA from Manchester University this September 2016. I would like to know if the change in my citizenship allows me to utilise PGL?

Regards,

Sahib Patel
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sahib.Patel)
    Hello,

I am aware of this condition --

"If you’ve studied beforeIf you already have a master’s degree, or a qualification that’s an equivalent or higher, you won’t be eligible."

I self-funded an MSc course from Manchester Metropolitan University in 2005 when I was an Indian citizen. I became a UK citizen this March 2016 (as I had continuously lived in England for over 7 years) and I am about to start an MBA from Manchester University this September 2016. I would like to know if the change in my citizenship allows me to utilise PGL?

Regards,

Sahib Patel
    I'm afraid not

The rules about already having a masters aren't about whether you've previously had student support or not and are just about whether you already hold a master equivalent or higher qualification

ReputationRep:
    Hello, thanks for your reply -- Agree with your point on student support, however, I am more interested in finding out if my change in citizenship has any impact here.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sahib.Patel)
    Hello, thanks for your reply -- Agree with your point on student support, however, I am more interested in finding out if my change in citizenship has any impact here.
    If you have a masters qualification then you aren't eligible for a PGL.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.