*** scared shitless about GCSE results *** Watch

This discussion is closed.
sweetangel2002
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
is anyone else really scared about their GCSE results??? i've never got such important results like these before, and i tried to block it out and not think about it, but now results day seems to get closer and closer... i can't even remember how i did in each exam.

if you're past GCSE's how did you feel before u got them? do u no wot to do to keep calm?

oh, and is anyone else pressured by their parents to get good grades? my parents "expect" me to get the best grades possible, and if i don't i'll feel like a failure.
Kelvin
Report 15 years ago
I can understand why you are so scared of it. When I had my GCSE two years ago, I was just as nervous as you are. Anyway, good luck. This is only the first step, there are many more to come.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I was the same at GCSEs, expected to do well by parents, loads of pressure. I expect most people are in the same boat!

Most people tend to worry too much!!! And who cares what your parents expect you to get - it's what's a personal achievement to you that matters, not what others expect of you!

Yeah its easy for me to say that, but it was only a couple years ago I was getting my results for GCSEs, and to be honest I've just learnt not to jump through hoops for other people - that is, I set my own aims and go for them.

I'm expecting A level results for Uni in under 10 hours, but why worry? I've done the hard bit - the exams - back in June. And the grades don't change as they're posted to college!!

So.. just go on your HONEST gut instinct - if you think you did well, chances are you have!!!

And best of luck!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
There's no need to worry about it. If you've done badly, then so what? Lots of people spend their lives in crap jobs - you won't be alone.
sweetangel2002
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
wow thanks alot you 2. that helps alot i know what you mean about setting your own goals, and at the end of the day it was me who took the exams, and me who will get the results.. i did try my best but its just really scary.i guess you have to get used to opening that envelope... just like you kind of get used to taking exams (year after year..)

Good Luck to anyone expecting GCSE/A Level results soon.
and thanks again

x - x - x
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads