Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a Cert HE and two GCSE's - Maths and combined Sciences, I'd like to do an A level next year - Fine Art and A level Eng Litt and Maths or Physics the following year. Will Cambridge look at this application or do you have to do three A levels all at the same time? The Cert HE finishes at the same time as the A levels that I'll start in two years time and the Art a year before.

I might have got myself in a bit of a mess here it's because I started the Cert HE in the hope of doing Art History starting in the second year of a degree - then I found out I could still get funding to start Architecture from scratch i.e.. the first year.

I have already started the two GCSE this year but I sit the exams next summer. The A level Art would be at the same college I would sit the GCSE exams so hopefully no problem there.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Thomb)
    I'm doing a Cert HE and two GCSE's - Maths and combined Sciences, I'd like to do an A level next year - Fine Art and A level Eng Litt and Maths or Physics the following year. Will Cambridge look at this application or do you have to do three A levels all at the same time? The Cert HE finishes at the same time as the A levels that I'll start in two years time and the Art a year before.

I might have got myself in a bit of a mess here it's because I started the Cert HE in the hope of doing Art History starting in the second year of a degree - then I found out I could still get funding to start Architecture from scratch i.e.. the first year.

I have already started the two GCSE this year but I sit the exams next summer. The A level Art would be at the same college I would sit the GCSE exams so hopefully no problem there.
    Honestly, you need to ask an AT

And the mature colleges are much more used to dealing with "unconventional" routes through education

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.