Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ..is anyone a fan? favourite songs?

I've only recently got into their music it's great- wish I could go to the Curiosa Festival.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    ..is anyone a fan? favourite songs?

I've only recently got into their music it's great- wish I could go to the Curiosa Festival.

yes i love them, have done for about 5 years, my fave. songs:

plastic passion
    from the edge of the deep green sea
    A forest
    there is no if
    just like heaven
    friday i'm in love
    the exploding boy

i also am going to see them on friday, and i have two pieces of autographed material by them here:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    cool, so you've met them?

p.s I apologise for this being a duplicate thread, moderators can merge or whatever it is they do to them.. but anyway I think that the Cure are worthy of two threads being dedicated to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    cool, so you've met them?

p.s I apologise for this being a duplicate thread, moderators can merge or whatever it is they do to them.. but anyway I think that the Cure are worthy of two threads being dedicated to them

lol - well , fleetingly yes, at the london gig 2 years ago - how did you get into them? what songs do you like? i love playing their stuff on the guitar and synth - it's great , friday i'm in love on my 12 string with a capo - can't beat it

ReputationRep:
    well I'd heard a couple of their songs before, and I thought they were pretty good, although of the tracks I heard their style kept changing- then heard their new album being played on Xfm- with Rob Smith commenting on each track, he was v. articulate and I like the songs better this time round, so I've just been downloading their stuff (lol.. er.. legally).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    well I'd heard a couple of their songs before, and I thought they were pretty good, although of the tracks I heard their style kept changing- then heard their new album being played on Xfm- with Rob Smith commenting on each track, he was v. articulate and I like the songs better this time round, so I've just been downloading their stuff (lol.. er.. legally).

lol their new album really is nothing, i dislike it immensely !

ReputationRep:
    lol..really? any particular reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    lol..really? any particular reason?

it's just, not as good as any of their earlier stuff, and that will always be a problem - i mean it's ok yeh, but nothing whence compared to their back catalog,

do you any bootlegs? i have loads lol

ReputationRep:
    no I dont.. hmm, well I didn't hear that much of their earlier stuff so I might have been to quick to judge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    no I dont.. hmm, well I didn't hear that much of their earlier stuff so I might have been to quick to judge.

lol - start with their early albums first it's the best way to start

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.