what happens if I messed up English lit Watch

Andreahdlfuente
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Okay so in the lit paper today I analyzed one poem instead of comparing two of them? What do examiners do if this happens and how will they grade me? Assuming my analysis for what I did is good and my second question also went well
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
What did the question ask? Pick one and analyse or compare and contrast? If it was compare, then why didnt you?
Not wanting to sound negative, but if it was compare and you didnt, then I cnat see how you cna get any more than 50% for the questions becayse you referred to only 50% of the material. That would put you more down to C/B territory. for that paper. It will depend ofc how much other stuff like coursework and exams there are.
Andreahdlfuente
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
What did the question ask? Pick one and analyse or compare and contrast? If it was compare, then why didnt you?
Not wanting to sound negative, but if it was compare and you didnt, then I cnat see how you cna get any more than 50% for the questions becayse you referred to only 50% of the material. That would put you more down to C/B territory. for that paper. It will depend ofc how much other stuff like coursework and exams there are.
Coursework I got almost perfect and it's worth 40%. Then this paper had two questions one on compare two poems and the other one analyze the extract. The extract one went well but I only analysed one poem instead of comparing them. The other paper is another extract and I'm really confident for that. Do you think I can still get an A*?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
Your coursework might save you, but you will need to add the marks up and compare it to the UMS. Its possible but you would need exceptional scores. Pointless worrying now, just focus on your next exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.49%
Excited (157)
9.12%
Worried (306)
17.77%
Terrified (382)
22.18%
Meh (173)
10.05%
Confused (37)
2.15%