Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

For 2nd year im thinking of moving into freshstudent living. I found a room available in a flat with three other girls. Just to clarify im a male student. What do people think about this idea. Do you guys think its a good decision to make.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Take it man, that's dope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdf1444)
    Hi

For 2nd year im thinking of moving into freshstudent living. I found a room available in a flat with three other girls. Just to clarify im a male student. What do people think about this idea. Do you guys think its a good decision to make.

Thanks
    Coming in from the opposite perspective (a girl who lived with all guys) I would advise against it, chances are you will not share the same interests as these girls so the majority of the time you will be bored unless you can bring in male friends from other arena's of your life.

However, this is just my experience and my own opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    Take it man, that's dope
    Wtf why dope?

ReputationRep:
    Do you know them? If so, that might be okay as you will probably have some idea as to how much you would get along, but if you don't know them I'd search elsewhere for now.

ReputationRep:
    If you'll be the only guy, I'd advise against it. You do not want to put up with their ****. :lol:

(Unless of course you already know them and are friends, then go ahead)

ReputationRep:
    Wtf why dope?
    Because they are girls - but I doubt you'll get much fun with them. Chances are the hobbies/interest aren't the same unless you know them. We also don't why they act up, best find somewhere else then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    Because they are girls - but I doubt you'll get much fun with them. Chances are the hobbies/interest aren't the same unless you know them. We also don't why they act up, best find somewhere else then.
    Why no fun though?

ReputationRep:
    I would not see an issue with it. im going to be doing the same come september, but then again one is my best friend at uni and then 2 others we've just met. they seem to hold similar interests. why not meet with them and see what it would be like?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Just check whether they're actually looking for a fourth guy rather than another girl.

It's your choice, I suppose as long as you have some male friends elsewhere to connect with.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    1 boy +3girls=world war 3

ReputationRep:
    Are you into girly stuff? Other than banging them I see no reason (fag hags?) to share with girls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    to be honest girls tend to be much higher maintenance to live with

if you get on well with girls then it shouldn't make a huge difference to you being included (providing you don't try anything on with them)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay018)
    I would not see an issue with it. im going to be doing the same come september, but then again one is my best friend at uni and then 2 others we've just met. they seem to hold similar interests. why not meet with them and see what it would be like?
    Hi i dont know who they are and no way of finding out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    to be honest girls tend to be much higher maintenance to live with

if you get on well with girls then it shouldn't make a huge difference to you being included (providing you don't try anything on with them)
    Would trying on with them be a really bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, this is like university 101: Don't get with flatmates or coursemates

ReputationRep:
    Hi i dont know who they are and no way of finding out.
    Then how did you get in contact with them to know that they are 3 girls...? just say hey im interested in the house with you, can we meet up and chat before i sign? simple.
    This is bad, just remember you'll be living with them for a year. if it goes wrong it'll be a very awkward year for you my boy!

ReputationRep:
    yes.

even if they go for it, best case scenario is probably sleeping with one of them then awkwardness for the whole year

they may also take offense and then be very uncomfortable around you

either way you're probably not going to get on well...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.