Why is english lit now compulsery? Watch

Itchydinojake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
as I am nearing the end of year 10 we have been told English lit is now compulsory an we HAVE to take it? why is this? the year 11s got to opt in or out, why don't I get this choice? I think learning an extra 15 poems and how to compare them should be a choice
Mr...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Itchydinojake)
as I am nearing the end of year 10 we have been told English lit is now compulsory an we HAVE to take it? why is this? the year 11s got to opt in or out, why don't I get this choice? I think learning an extra 15 poems and how to compare them should be a choice
English Literature is a stronger qualification than English Language and because everyone does it, you could be put at a disadvantage without the GCSE :dontknow:
Itchydinojake
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Mr...)
English Literature is a stronger qualification than English Language and because everyone does it, you could be put at a disadvantage without the GCSE :dontknow:
surely its better having a stronger English language qualification then having both at a lower level?
louisaah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm in year 11 and I thought it was compulsory anyway for us???? :confused: Maybe that's just it in our school, cause they feel like it would benefit us anyway.

Most of the things you need to do after year 11 though require getting a C or something at english. Depends what you take.
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Itchydinojake)
we HAVE to take it? why is this? the year 11s got to opt in or out, why don't I get this choice?
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Clearing open day Undergraduate
    Tue, 20 Aug '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Aug '19
  • University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (96)
18.82%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (324)
63.53%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.71%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.94%

Watched Threads