Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heyy. So I'm really scared.
    For my AQA lit exam for section A I did 2 para on form+interpretation and 2 para on language and 1 para on structure and on Section be I did 3 paragraphs on the extract Question, and I added context in there aswell. But I didn't do past b section B well at all, I ran out of time.

But by the sounds of it do you think I'd be atleast an A? :/
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by SoDoneWithSchool)
    For my AQA lit exam for section A I did 2 para on form+interpretation and 2 para on language and 1 para on structure and on Section be I did 3 paragraphs on the extract Question, and I added context in there aswell. But I didn't do past b section B well at all, I ran out of time.

Nobody can possibly tell you, and anyone who does agree is just lying to appease you. We have no idea what the paragraph was like, so saying "I wrote one paragraph" means nothing. You could have just written about your summer holidays!

ReputationRep:
    I think you had to do at least 5 paragraphs for each section. Lenny dies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoDoneWithSchool)

Just to calm you a bit, my friend forgot to do the second part of section B in her mock and still came out with a low A* because she got full marks in the rest of it, so while it does depend on the quality of your work it's still definitely possible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaptErin)
    Just to calm you a bit, my friend forgot to do the second part of section B in her mock and still came out with a low A* because she got full marks in the rest of it, so while it does depend on the quality of your work it's still definitely possible
    Oh my God, thats brill. Well done to her. lool that calmed me a little bit for sure. Thank you
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I dont know how AQA lit works but on my WJEC lit exam section A, the only thing that went well in my opinion was the essay, the extract analysis was crap from what i can remember. then Section B was even worse because i dont even understand what the poems were about, i just wrote a load of rubbish...it wasnt even a lot, i wrote like one side for 2 poems and 2 paragraphs for the linking section. i came out with full UMS, i wish i have that examiner for the rest of my exams seriously.

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.