Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Computer Science GCSE 2016 Predicted Questions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My exam is pretty soon and i was wondering if anyone has any predictions for questions that might come up

ReputationRep:
    Well, theres usually a question on Input/Output devices - so I'd 100% revise that.

Last Year
    Input Output Devices
    Questions on Networks and the configurations (bus, star etc) and Terminators came up.
    OpCode definition
    Good practice (variable names appropriate etc)
    Of the shelf vs Custom
    Binary translation
    Pseudocode

Most likely going to be I/O , Binary translation, Network Topologies, Binary, Pseudocode and Laws.

http://www.teach-ict.com/gcse_comput...51_topics.html

I'd revise most things from that list above ^

ReputationRep:
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Are you including devices for the disabled in I/O devices? If not, I would revise them too.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i have learnt a vary of I/O devices for the test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmald583)
    Are you including devices for the disabled in I/O devices? If not, I would revise them too.
    What would these include? Also, is there any way you could explain the difference between solid state storage media and magnetic storage media to me? Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CyberJake)
    Well, theres usually a question on Input/Output devices - so I'd 100% revise that.

Last Year
    Input Output Devices
    Questions on Networks and the configurations (bus, star etc) and Terminators came up.
    OpCode definition
    Good practice (variable names appropriate etc)
    Of the shelf vs Custom
    Binary translation
    Pseudocode

Most likely going to be I/O , Binary translation, Network Topologies, Binary, Pseudocode and Laws.

http://www.teach-ict.com/gcse_comput...51_topics.html

I'd revise most things from that list above ^
    What do you mean by "laws" ? I've never heard of that before .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel35074)
    What do you mean by "laws" ? I've never heard of that before .
    Like the data protection act and copyright laws for example

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph72602)
    Like the data protection act and copyright laws for example
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksplodge)
    What would these include? Also, is there any way you could explain the difference between solid state storage media and magnetic storage media to me? Thanks in advance!
    Devices for the disabled = things like braille keyboards, foot mice.

Solid state is essentially just a bunch of transistors, whereas magnetic storage has moving parts which read data from a strip of magnetic tape. Solid state is more robust as it will not stop working when moved (unlike magnetic), it is silent, produces less heat when working, and is also better for the battery life of whatever computer is using it.

Ss is often used in tablets; that came up in 2014.

ReputationRep:
    i havent revised. is there any point in me doing something at all. how many marks is a c ? what are the main topics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmald583)
    Devices for the disabled = things like braille keyboards, foot mice.

Solid state is essentially just a bunch of transistors, whereas magnetic storage has moving parts which read data from a strip of magnetic tape. Solid state is more robust as it will not stop working when moved (unlike magnetic), it is silent, produces less heat when working, and is also better for the battery life of whatever computer is using it.

Ss is often used in tablets; that came up in 2014.
    Thanks so much for this it was really helpful!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 9, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.